[ about this series - UPDATED ]

Hey, all.

This is basically the same thing I posted in the last book, but with a bit of editing done to it. Enjoy!

So, after I began writing chapter 37 of the first book I wrote for this series (canonically the second book now), I thought I better give all my readers some information about this series so I don't have people making a big fuss about some of the things I've written, or am going to write, for this series.

1) Violet:

She is half Gallifreyan, like I say within the first three or four chapters, but she's not entirely the same as the Doctor or River, or even Jenny (the Doctor's daughter). Violet can choose to change her appearance if and when she Regenerates, or she can have a random part of her body replaced when she Regenerates, for example, her eyes in either chapter 11 or 12 of the previous book, and other parts in the upcoming sequel, and the prequel.

Also, this is something I'm actually really hesitant to tell you all, but I think it'd help you understand why I've written my OC like I have. Violet's character, personality and decisions are actually based off me and my experiences, as well as some of my friends. So, uh, take from that what you will, and try to keep the criticism to a minimum please.

2) Relationships:

This is what I'm probably the most worried about concerning this story. If you've taken notice of the relationships listed in the story information box (or whatever it's called), then you'll know that Violet has multiple relationships with multiple people, and they're all basically at the same time due to this being a story about time travel.

Let's all just forget about what is perceived as 'right' and 'wrong' or 'acceptable' and 'unacceptable' whilst reading this story, because there's a lot of different relationships for Violet, Jack - and even the Doctor. It's a great big mess that might be kinda difficult to understand and take in, but the relationship aspect of this story is meant to be very fucking complex.

3) Warnings:

This more relates to the prequel - "The Girl Who Adores" - than "The Man Who Regrets" and "The Man Who Forgets," but there are a few small parts in the original books that several of the warnings below may apply to.

The third book is much more graphic and triggering than either of the other two books, so it's best you be warned before you read it. The first chapter for the prequel (so far) is probably the most triggering chapter I've written for this series, and that's because of where the book takes place in the timeline of the series - just as Violet meets Jack, and before she gets the medicine to subdue her tendencies to crash and burn; to lash out and self-destruct.

I will put a trigger warning notice at the beginning of any chapters that concern possibly sensitive issues, but please don't go blaming me if you accidentally overlook it and come across the triggering scene without being somewhat prepared. 

Just so you know - the worst this series was originally going to contain was self-harm, suicidal thoughts and tendencies, and attempted suicide, but, as of right now, chapter 07 in the prequel contains something far more sensitive: attempted r*pe, and chapter 12 details the torture that leads to Violet's most horrific scar.

If anyone else has any more concerns or questions, just let me know and I'll explain them in here.

- Frosch xo -