vii. the last of its kind

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

☆» 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘰𝘧 𝘪𝘵𝘴 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥

☆» 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘵 𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘰𝘸

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐣𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬

     LEANING AGAINST THE RAILING, Violet stares down at far too many children for her liking. They're all utterly filthy and look to be underfed as well, and yet they're part of a slave labour system. Gripping the top rail, she hisses out a breath through clenched teeth and forces herself to turn her back on the children. All she wants to do is take the children with her and find them a better home amongst the stars — or even try to find their families aboard this wretched starship. She knows of a few certain couples who would absolutely love to have a child or two of their own, and she can't say that having another child to care for is something she's completely against.

     Amy looks through a grating, where tentacles are flailing. "Doctor, where are we?"

     "The lowest point of Starship UK. The dungeon."

     "Ma'am," a man says in greeting to Liz.

     "Hawthorne," Liz spits. "So this is where you hid yourself away. I think you've got some explaining to do."

     "There's children down here," the Doctor asks, staring down at the children. "What's all that about?"

     "Protesters and citizens of limited value are fed to the beast. For some reason, it won't eat the children," Hawthorne informs. "You're the first adults it's spared. You're very lucky."

     "Yeah, look at us. Torture chamber of the Tower of London. Lucky, lucky, lucky. Except it's not a torture chamber, is it? Well, except it is. Except it isn't. Depends on your angle."

     The top of a pulsating brain is visible in the middle of the room, with giant electrodes pointing down at it.

     "What's that?" Liz demands.

     "Like the Doctor said, it depends on the angle," Violet seethes, gripping onto the fencing around the brain. "It's either the exposed pain centre of poor creature's brain, being tortured relentlessly."

     "Or?"

     "Or it's the gas pedal, the accelerator," the Doctor supplies, eyes dark. "Starship UK's go faster button."

THE MAN WHO FORGETS, doctor who [book 02]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara