xii. time's decaying angels

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

☆» 𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦: 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦'𝘴 𝘥𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭𝘴

☆» 𝘦𝘱𝘪𝘴𝘰𝘥𝘦: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭𝘴

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

𝐯𝐢𝐨𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐣𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐬

     "BUT THERE WAS ONLY one Angel on the ship," River exclaims. "Just the one, I swear."

     "Could they have been here already?" Amy asks, and that question makes Violet's skin tighten, knowing that this is why the Aplans died out.

      The Doctor turns to them. "The Aplans. What happened? How did they die out?"

     "Nobody knows," River replies.

     "We know," Violet breathes. "The Angels wiped them out in the blink of an eye..."

     "They don't look like Angels," Octavian notes, eyes surveying the statues.

     "And they're not fast," Amy adds. "You said they were fast. They should have had us by now."

     "Look at them. They're dying, losing their form," the Doctor informs, making the redhead shudder at the Angels forms. "They must have been down here for centuries, starving."

     "Losing their image?"

     "And their image is their power." It clicks. "Power. Power!"

     "Doctor?"

     "All that radiation spilling out the drive burn," Violet explains as the Doctor has a moment. "The crash of the Byzantium wasn't an accident, it was a rescue mission for the Angels."

     "We're in the middle of an army, and it's waking up," the Doctor exclaims.

     "We need to get out of here fast," River says.

     "Bob, Angelo, Christian, come in, please," Octavian says into his communicator. "Any of you, come in."

     "It's Bob, sir," the staticky voice of the youngest Cleric replies. "Sorry, sir."

     "Bob, are Angelo and Christian with you? All the statues are active. I repeat, all the statues are active."

     "I know, sir. Angelo and Christian are dead, sir. The statues killed them, sir."