TOO MUCH TO TAKE

I woke up early this morning to the smell of a wonderful breakfast. I assumed Emon had cooked since he wasn't by my side when I woke up. I went down stairs to my kitchen. I turned the corner to make it to my kitchen and ended up face to chest with Emon's nice body build. "Goodmorning beautiful." he said kissing my forehead. I smiled "Goodmorning." "Oh yea.. Buddy that you came to the shop with last time came with a few gifts and shit with some sob story. I hit him." he said going to get two plates from the cabinet. "Emon you did WHAT?" I said pleased but also surprised. "I hit him." he said bringing our breakfast filled plates. "That's not how you solve your problems, if anything it makes them worse." I said taking the plate from his hand. "That's not how I solve my problems. That's how I solved yours." he said winking at me before going back to the fridge to get us some orange juice. Clever I thought. When we'd finished breakfast we got up and went to shower SEPERATELY. Yeah he thought it was going down too. We got dressed and took his truck to the shop for him to head to his job. We made a quick stop at the post office, so he could send off his letter to his uncle in jail. It seemed as if he took an whole hour in that place cause his phone had rung 5 times. I'm not a nosey person, so if a female is on his line that's none of my business. He's not my man. His screen lit up showing the name Joshua. I assumed it was his homeboy. I picked it up to reply to the message to let him know what we were doing and that we'd be on our way. As I read the message my smile quickly faded.

JOSHUA: aye man. C'mon you didn't really lose your job. It was just some stupid bet bro come back to work.

He'd lost his job and didn't tell me?! I heard his door open and I quickly put his phone face down where it was. "You lost your job to what bet?" I said with an eyebrow raised looking at the side of his head. I hope yall didn't think I was gone keep my mouth shut. "Uhh.. I don't know what your talking about." he said stuttering, shaking his head, and turning up the music loudly not looking my way. Yeah he right to ignore me. We made it to his job. He'd told me to stay in the truck. Did I do as he said? Hell no. I got my ass out and followed right behind him.

"Hey Josh where you at bruh?" Emon yelled out. "Back here." we heard a faint voice call back from behind an open door. We made our way to the door to see Josh spray painting different canvases. I'm guessing he was testing the spray cans, because it wasn't a good artwork. "I need to talk to you." Emon told him. He nodded his head and the both looked at me as if to say get the fuck out. I didn't question it. I left and shut the door behind me. But don't think I'm a dumbass I listened at the door. I could barely hear them, but I could make out everything that was said.

CONVERSATION.

Joshua: dude did you really think boss man would fire you for giving me a free paint job?

Emon: hell yeah nigga. I gotta stop following behind you on these bets before I end up broke.

Joshua: well you got your job I had to cover for you, told bossman you were sick.

Emon: thanks nigga.. I really like this girl yo.

My face lit up at that comment Emon had made about me.

CONVERSATION

Joshua: every bet we fucking make you fall in love.

Emon: nigga that ain't true its just something about this girl you know.

Joshua: That SOMETHING is that you feel bad for her big ass. Haha dude you know you wouldn't be with her if she hadn't been through what she'd been through. Now would you ?

I didn't hear Emon say a word, but I'm assuming he agreed because I heard them both laughing and clapping hands with each other. I heard them getting ready to exit. I quickly ran to a big truck to act as if I was amazed at the paint job. Since Emon had solved my problem, I decided on fixing his with me.They both made they're ways towards me laughing. I tried not to show the hurt on my face. "Hey baby you ready to go?" Emon said making his way by my side putting his arm over my shoulder. "Ready as ever." I said eyeing Josh evily, he looked as if he'd caught my look and were now afraid for his life. "Let's get it then. Aye man remember what we were saying in there. Don't let nobody find out." Emon said quickly pointing to his boy."What were yall talking about baby?" I asked. "Oh just some surprise for bossman for basically taking us in and giving us this job." he said not looking at me. I wasn't effected by his lying on his bossman. But he was about to be real effected.