Chapter 7: Shaking the Devil's Hand

A/N: To the few readers that I have, I'm extremely grateful to you and it has made me happy knowing that you took the time to read this story. I'm once again sorry for the delay, but to be fair this is a pretty loooong chapter. Thank you from the bottom of my heart and please let me know if I can do anything to improve the writing. Have a good one guys :) (also there's a change in perspective)

The teens had stepped outside into the chilled winter air, shoes collectively hitting the sidewalk as they made their way towards the nearest shopping center. There would be a solid 25 minutes of walking before they reached their destination to the golden arcs, Eren leading the eager march with a medley of songs from his playlist.

Historia had left early in the morning with her father. Ymir had promptly left afterwards since she felt bored without her girlfriend beside her. Reiner and Bertholdt had both decided to skip breakfast and just walk back home.

The group had been reduced to Eren, Mikasa, Jean, Marco, Sasha, Connie, Armin and Y/n. Naturally, a crowd that involved both Eren and Jean was bound to get rowdy.

"Eren, this music sucks." Jean had said cooly as he walked alongside Marco, right behind Eren and Mikasa.

Eren looked over his shoulder to glare at the boy. He turned around to face Jean and began to walk backwards, much to Mikasa's dismay.

"You just have no taste, Jean. I bet you listen to microwave beeps and call them bangers."

Everyone except Mikasa and Jean laughed at the brunette's retort, Jean's eyes dipping down into an offended frown.

"Shut the hell up, Eren. You can't even understand what these guys are saying." Jean gestured at the small portable speaker nestled within Eren's hand which was currently streaming death metal.

The group had gone silent, straining their ears to make out the words that were being sung. Or more like screeched.

"Did he just say 'banana'?" Connie snickered as he put a hand to the side of his ear in an attempt to decipher the singer's words.

"He totally did!" Sasha giggled alongside Connie as she slapped his shoulder in agreement. Marco and Jean snickered.

"Somebody get this man a banana-"

"He didn't say 'banana'!" Eren waved his hands at the group feeling exasperated, his green eyes pleading with them to stop making fun of his music. His eyes then landed on Y/n.

"Y/n, don't you listen to this band, too? Tell 'em he didn't say 'banana'!"

Y/n simply gave Eren a blank expression, not really knowing what he was talking about. "Nah, I don't listen to...whoever these guys are. But I do think I heard 'banana' as well." She chuckled as the brunette scowled and huffed over at her, also hearing Armin laugh besides her.

After Eren and Jean continued to argue back and forth, Mikasa had spun Eren around and told him in a strict tone that he would fall if he didn't walk properly. Eren grumbled something along the lines of "you're not Mom" and held his fire on the roasts that he had specially prepared for Jean.

Connie and Sasha had engaged in a conversation with Marco on why he should join the marching band next year (to which he declined) while Eren and Jean worked together for once only to roast the school's band.

Y/n smiled and sighed as she adjusted her grip on her backpack's straps, taking in every word of the heated conversation that was unfolding before her. She then felt a light pressure to her side and looked over to see that Armin had poked her. She grinned at the blonde. "Our friends are really somethin' else, huh?"