6||acid fog

"i think he might even beat jaha in a competition for 'whos the biggest asshole'"

I hadn't left Jasper's side all night or all day. He was in pain and it hurt me to see him in such a state. He wouldn't stop groaning in agony, which pissed off everyone else in the camp. I didn't care, though. As long as he didn't die, he could groan all he wanted. 

I was so tired. I hadn't been able to sleep since our first night on the ground. But I couldn't sleep without knowing that Jasper would be okay. 

Monty apparently noticed this. "You need to sleep, O." 

"I'll sleep when Jasper's better." I replied firmly, not moving my eyes from my brother as I wiped the sweat off his forehead with a cloth. 

"You need to rest. I'll wake you up if anything happens." Monty offered.

Finally, I caved. "Fine. Only for a little bit. And you promise to wake me up if anything happens?" 

"Promise." 

I climbed down the ladder and went outside where most of the other kids were asleep. Then I realized... I don't have anywhere to sleep. Most people had made tents and were sharing with their friends but my only friends are Jasper, Monty and Octavia. Monty was awake in the drop ship, Octavia was nowhere to be seen and Jasper was... sick. 

I ended up climbing up a sturdy tree and falling asleep in between two branches. It was surprisingly not that bad.

***

"Shit." I muttered as I jumped down from the thirteen foot branch I slept on. I slept through the whole night. I only meant to sleep for a few hours. I hope Jasper's okay.

"...he could be septic." Clarke said as I rushed up the ladder of the drop ship, pushing Wells on my way up. I couldn't care less about him, especially right now. My focus was on Jasper and Jasper alone.

"Septic? Is he okay?" My overprotective, worried sister side was shining through. 

"Any progress on using the wristbands to contact the Ark?" Clarke ignored my question and looked to Monty. "Monty?" She repeated when the boy didn't answer.

"That would be a firm no." Monty answered.

Clarke was stressed. We were all stressed. 

"My mother would know what to do." Clarke sighed.

"How's he doing?" Wells asked, finally coming up to the third level after I had pushed him down the ladder.

"How does it look like he's doing, Wells?" Clarke shot back.

"Just trying to help." Wells defended calmly.

"Help by doing what, exactly? By being an annoying, entitled brat?" I snapped. "Because if so, please continue because it is really beneficial to all of us right now." I said sarcastically.

Everyone fell silent at my little outburst. It was obvious I didn't like the kid and I needed someone to take my anger out on right now.

"Right, you wanna help?" Clarke spoke up. "Hold him down." 

Wells and Finn started holding my brother down. "I'm not gonna like this, am I?" I asked.

Clarke used a heated blade and began cutting away the infected flesh on Jasper's chest. He screamed in agony. I couldn't watch this. But I needed to be there for my brother. I gripped on to his hand tightly as he screamed in pain.

"Hold him still!" Clarke ordered the boys. "I need to cut away the infected flesh."

With one hand holding Jasper's and the other holding down his shoulder, I cringed, not wanting to watch this.