17||return

"introducing sherlock holmes"

And so we ran. And we ran and ran as fast as we could. I ended up mostly leaning on Jasper for support as we ran back to camp since I could barely run. It took hours. It was dark by the time we got back.

We made it back to camp, all seven of us panting and out of breath. 

"You got something to say?" Bellamy dared Finn.

"Yeah. I told you, no guns!" Finn argued. 

"I told you we couldn't trust the Grounders. I was right!" Clarke cut in.

"Why didn't you tell me what you were up to?" Raven asked Finn. 

"I tried, but you were too busy making bullets for your gun." Finn shot back. 

"You're lucky she brought that!" Bellamy shouted. "They came there to kill you." 

"You don't know that! Jasper fired the first shot." Finn fired back. 

"You ruined everything." Octavia said bluntly to Jasper before running back inside the walls of camp. 

"I saved you!" Jasper cried after her. "You're welcome." He scoffed after she was out of earshot. 

I don't know how I felt about the whole situation. I was feeling so many mixed emotions. Yes, it might have been worth a shot, but why did I need to be there in the first place? My whole body just went into some kind of panic when I saw the Grounders who tortured me. We should have known better. We should have known they would never go for the truce. 

But who knows? Maybe, just maybe, if Jasper hadn't fired the first shot, maybe they would have agreed to the truce. 

Maybe. 

I just had... so many mixed emotions. About what had just happened. Fear was definitely one of them. Fear that the Grounders were going to kill us all. Anger. Sadness. Relief... that we weren't dead yet. Happiness... that I got to celebrate my first Unity Day ever. Confusion... at why the hell Clarke was siding with Bellamy. 

Just so many mixed emotions. 

"Earth to Ophelia?" Raven snapped a finger in front of my face.

"Sorry." I muttered, shaking out of my thoughts.

"You okay?" She asked sincerely. I nodded in reply. "You're welcome to stay out here and get speared by Grounders, but I think it's safer back inside." She said before heading inside the walls. I followed, thinking that I should just sleep it off. 

Who knows? Maybe when I wake up it'll all have been a dream. 

If only that were true. 

"What the..." Raven trailed off, looking at the sky. I looked up to see a huge comet coming towards Earth. 

It wasn't a comet. 

It was a ship.

The Exodus Ship. 

But it was coming down so fast. Was something wrong? Where was the parachute. 

And then it crashed. 

All those people...

Dead. 

***

Bellamy, Clarke, Finn, Raven and a few others left early the next day to check out the wreckage, leaving yours truly in charge. 'Why did they leave me in charge?', you might ask. I have no idea.