12||mr grounder

"i think you took away his ability to have kids." 

I didn't get any sleep. I was in pain and I was hungry and tired and just wanted the nightmare to be over. Speaking of hungry, I was starving. The last real meal I had was that panther we ate after we saved Jasper. Other than that, I snacked on some nuts that Monty said were safe to eat but that was it. I definitely needed to get some food in me.

I need to stop thinking about food and start thinking of how to get us out of here. Murphy had been waking up and going back to sleep on and off all night. I know he's scared, too. I haven't been able to get any good sleep since I got hung. Every time I shut my eyes it just feels like I'm back at camp, getting kicked to the ground and strung up to a tree. The bruise on my neck doesn't help with that either.

The same woman and the same two men entered the room for the second time. Round two.

***

After the second day of torture, we were both a mess. We were in pain and I was in tears. Murphy was missing all of his fingernails. I just wanted the nightmare to be over. 

We didn't get any sleep again.

"You up?" Murphy croaked from his cell.

"Yeah." I replied, my voice quiet and raspy.

"You okay?" He asked. 

"No." I replied, still quiet. "Are you?" 

"No." Neither of us were okay. Who would be in this situation? 

I had no idea what time it was. There was one tiny window in the cement room we were in. From what I could see, it looked like it was morning. The sun was rising.

I heard heavy footsteps approach our cells. It was two large, strong men and one woman. It was a different woman than the one who came yesterday. This woman had dark sepia colored skin with a tattoo over the right side of her face. Her facial expression was fierce and intimidating. One of the men was the bald one from the cave, while the other one was the same man from yesterday, who had a beard and a long scar over his eye. 

Time for another interrogation. 

"Anya is much more merciful than I. I suggest you answer my questions and we won't have any problems." The woman said, her voice deep and threatening. Anya must be the one from yesterday.

They went into Murphy's cell first this time and started drilling him with questions.

"Who is your leader?"

"Why are you here?"

"How many of you are there?"

"Who are you?" 

Were just a few of the questions they asked over and over again. And Murphy did not answer a single time. Every time he didn't answer, he would be whipped or punched or even cut. They ripped off his shirt and every time he didn't answer their questions, the woman would cut a mark on his back. He screamed in agony and not being able to help him was killing me. 

"We can stop if you'd like. Just tell us who you are and you can go back to your camp." The man with the beard said.

"Look, man, I-" Murphy was cut off with another punch to the gut. The woman said something to the men in their language before they dropped Murphy and left his cell, leaving him on the floor, in pain. My turn. 

"This one's strong. Escaped the serpent." The bearded man stated. The giant snake thing from the lake? 

"Must've been luck." The woman spat, eyeing me down. Yeah, I probably looked like crap right now. I'm covered in marks, dirt, blood and bruises and haven't eaten in a while. 

She started asking me questions. I still stayed silent. As much as I wanted to speak and have this whole nightmare be over, I couldn't. I couldn't put my people in danger. I wouldn't. 

Every time I didn't answer, one of them would draw a cut on my skin. They didn't go too deep to the point that I would need stitches, but they were deep enough to draw blood and to sting like a motherfucker. 

Someone else shouted something in Grounder language from outside the cell. The woman yelled something back before saying something to the two men and leaving. 

"She was nice." I commented. It was obviously a joke, but the bearded man didn't seem to find it funny. 

"You think you're funny, little girl?" He threatened, towering over me as I stood with my hands chained above my head. 

"I mean, I'm no comedian but-" I was cut off by the man grabbing me by the face, squishing my cheeks. 

His eyes had a look of hunger as he stared at me threateningly. "You are lucky you are not dead." He spat. He came even closer, leaning down so his face was inches away from mine.

"Get off her!" Murphy shouted. 

I looked away from the man, his intense and dangerous eye contact scaring me. He came even closer, his beard brushing against my face as his mouth moved to my ear. "You're a pretty little thing. Just tell us what we need to know and we won't have any problems." He said quietly, his voice dark. 

I lifted my leg and with little energy I had, kicked him where the sun don't shine as hard as I could. The man was caught off guard and stumbled back, clutching where I had kicked him.

"You're gonna regret that." Was the last thing I heard before I blacked out.

***

"Morning, doll." I heard Murphy say as I stirred awake.

"What happened?" I croaked, my brain fuzzy. I remember getting punched or something and then blacking out.

"You pissed off Mr. Grounder, that's what happened. And I think you also took away his ability to have kids." Murphy answered. It started coming back to me. He pissed me off so I kicked him in the balls. 

They must have let my hands down from where they were attached high up on the wall. Now I was lying on the ground. It was dark outside, so the Grounders must have left.

"Also, you're getting out of here." Murphy informed like it was no big deal.

"What?" I exclaimed.

"Well, not if you wake up the whole Grounder camp." He replied. "You know the bald Grounder that was in here? The one who punched me like fifty times?"

"What about him?" I replied.

"He gave me this." He handed me a balled up piece of paper through the bars. 

I unraveled the paper and noticed there were words on it.

Octavia's friend. I can help the girl. Do not talk. Wait for 3 knocks, then escape.

The note read. 

"Octavia? Is she in danger?" I panicked. "Wait. What about you?"

"What about me? Nothing." He shrugged. "I can handle myself, Jordan. I'll figure out how to get out of here."

"I can't just leave you." I protested.

"Yes, you can. And you will. If one of us deserves to get out of here, it's you." He replied. 

"But-" I was cut off by three knocks on the metal door. 

"That's your ride." Murphy said, pointing to the door. "Live for me."

word count: 1192

a/n: hey sorry this chapter was cringey and didnt make any sense ill probably end up changing it in the future. hope u enjoyed it tho. idk if the time matches up cos wouldnt lincoln be in the dropship by now? anyways, if it doesnt match up lets just say there was a day inbetween. stay safe, love you all xx