2||poison sumac

"is the poison sumac messing with me or did that thing have two heads?"

A flood of delinquents followed behind us. An irreplaceable smile was plastered on my face. We made it.

We were on the ground.

We were free.

Kids were cheering and running around, some were climbing trees, others were rolling around on the grass. I spun around, throwing my arms out and embracing the Earth. 

I saw a familiar pair of goggles in the distance. What the fuck is he doing here? It was impossible.

I walked up to the familiar head of hair from behind and tapped his shoulder. He spun around and his eyes lit up.

"Lee!"

He picked me up in a hug an spun me around. I missed my brother so much. But what the hell was he doing on the ground? When he put me down I whacked him several times on the arm, an angry expression on my face.

"Ow!" He held his arm. "What the hell was that for?"

"Jasper Benjamin Jordan, what the fuck are you doing down here?" I scolded, although due to my relatively small size I doubt I was very intimidating. My brother scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

"We got arrested." A voice next to him said. I immediately threw my arms around him and held him in a suffocating hug.

"Monty!" My mood changed from pissed off at my biological brother, to glee with my non-biological brother. When we pulled away from the long awaited hug, the smile on my face grew even more. Apart from my family, Monty was the only person who knew I even existed back on the Ark. Him, Jasper and I grew up together. We're family.

I didn't bother asking how they got arrested, I'm guessing it was for the weed we stashed on Agro-Station. I was never really one to smoke, mainly since it was too dangerous to leave our room. 

"Holy shit, Monty, look at you, you're tall." The last time I saw him, we were fifteen and he was still 5'4. Now, he was like 5'9 at least. I've always been shorter than both of the boys, being only 5'4 myself, but man, it was weird seeing them this tall.

Monty laughed. I missed them so much. 

"Hey, watch this." Jasper nudged me. I rolled my eyes, guessing he was going to try one of his infamous attempts at flirting. He walked over to the blonde girl from earlier. "Cool map. They got a bar in this town? I'll buy you a beer." I cringed and held back my laughter at his tragic attempt at flirting.

"You mind?" The Chancellor's son pushed him back.

No one messes with my brother.

I walked up to Wells and shoved him back. "Don't fucking touch him." I spat. I may look like it, but I'm not weak. He went to shove me back but was interrupted by a voice from behind us.

"Woah, hey, hey, hey!" Said the voice. "Hands off them, they're with us." A boy with dark hair and blue eyes came up to us, followed by a large group of boys. I have to admit, he was pretty cute. I just wondered why he claimed we were 'with him'?

"Relax." Wells put his hands up in surrender. "We're just trying to figure out where we are."

"We're on the ground. Is that not good enough for you?" Octavia's brother spoke up from a few feet away.

"We need to find Mount Weather." Wells responded. "You heard my father's message. That has to be our first priority."

"Screw your father." I snarled, causing Jasper to hold back a laugh.