9||the cliff

"i'm not going anywhere."

"Come on, let's get the girl." Murphy said to his boys as I kneeled down at my brother's side.

"Jas, you okay?" I worried. Jasper started to sit up with a groan. Beside me, Octavia was at her unconscious brother's side. "Slow down, he punched you pretty hard." A girl named Harper handed me a wet cloth which I took with a quick 'thank you' and held it up to Jasper's bleeding nose. 

Murphy opened the flap of Bellamy's tent, but Charlotte, nor Clarke or Finn were anywhere to be found. "Charlotte!" Murphy screamed. "Charlotte, I know you can hear me! And when I find you, you are gonna pay!" 

"Murphy, stop it!" I shouted, my voice coming out raspy. I had tears in my eyes from just being overwhelmed by everything that happened. 

***

Murphy and his boys decided to go out looking for Charlotte, Clarke and Finn. The older two were obviously with Charlotte, possibly taking her somewhere safe. 

I decided to go after Murphy and his crew, hoping to stop anything bad from happening. "You gonna be alright to handle stuff here?" I asked Octavia, my voice coming out a raspy croak, Octavia understood me anyways and nodded before I ran after the guys. 

It had already started to get dark out and I was worried for what Murphy was going to do. Murphy and I are very different people. His view on things is that if he gets his revenge, he'll feel better. That's not true. Life's too short for revenge. 

I was there, too. I got hanged as well. I can't even shut my eyes without feeling all the air being sucked out from my lungs and the feeling of the rough rope around my neck. I know how Murphy was feeling. I was hanged for defending him. Because I knew he was innocent and it was the right thing to do. And I don't regret defending him at all. 

I trekked through the forest which was pitch black by now. I hoped that this wasn't all for nothing and that Clarke, Finn and Charlotte were somewhere safe. 

"Charlotte!" Murphy's voice echoed through the woods. "You can't hide forever!"

"Don't worry, we won't hurt you!" One of his crew's voice followed. 

In the near distance, I could see five flaming torches. Bingo. 

I chased after the lights, not really sure what I was planning to do or say. I didn't realize how fast I was running until I was mere feet away from the five boys. I began walking out in front of the tree I was standing behind.

"Did anyone else hear that?" One of the boys asked the others.

"Grounders?" Another guessed fearfully.

I emerged from the shadows, coming into the view of the boys. 

"Ophelia?" One of the boys, John Mbege, asked, confused.

"Jordan, what the fuck are you doing out here?" Murphy asked, slightly angry.

"Murphy, you don't have to do this." I began. "Go back to camp and we can forget any of this ever happened." I offered.

"You know I can't do that." Murphy replied.

"Says who? If you go through with what I'm thinking you're gonna do, do you really think you'll ever be allowed back at camp? Look, it's not too late to go back." I attempted to give him another option.

"They hanged us for what that little bitch did! You wanna let them just get away with that? You wanna let that little shit get away with that?" He snapped. "We could have died. See this?" He put two cold fingers to my swollen neck, making me flinch away. He pulled his hand away. "That's her fault."