18||sick

"pretty shitty choice of weapon if you ask me."

We're screwed. He told the Grounders about us. All of that torture and pain we suffered through was for nothing. 

Everyone started leaving the drop ship, including Clarke and Bellamy. 

"Get some rest. I'll be back in a minute." I said to Murphy. He gave a confused look, but nodded before I left the drop ship. 

"Lee, how big is your tent?" Monty came up to me with a frustrated expression.

"I don't know, I haven't measured it. Why?" I shrugged in confusion as I went into the water tent, Monty following behind me. 

"Your brother's a dick." Monty replied glumly. 

"He's your brother, too." I commented, filling up a canteen with water. 

"At least I'm not related to him." Monty shot back. 

"Hey, chill out, I was kidding. What's he done now?" I asked. 

"Besides from being a cocky asshole? He's a jerk who thinks he's too good for us now that he killed people and Harper McIntyre thinks he's cool." He spat. 

"And you wanna stay in my tent?" I assumed. Monty nodded, biting his tongue. This wasn't the first time he and Jasper had gotten into an argument and one of them wanted to stay in my room. "You realize Octavia and I share a tent, right?"

"If she doesn't mind," He shrugged. "it's better than sharing one with Jasper right now."

"She won't care. Take my bed, I'll bunk with Clarke or something." I decided, taking a sip from the canteen. 

"Thanks, Lee. What would I do without you?" Monty gave a small smile and hugged me. 

"Solve your own problems." I replied before leaving the tent. 

When I walked outside, Derek was coughing and sputtering all over the place. I looked closer and saw that he was coughing up blood and bleeding from his nose.

"Where's Clarke?" I asked no one specifically as I grabbed a cloth to hand to him.

"I'm here. Ophelia, I need you with me in the drop ship. Now." Clarke declared. 

"Woah, what the hell happened to your eyes?" I asked, noticing she was crying blood. She said nothing as I followed her into the drop ship. "Clarke, what's going one?" I demanded. 

"Do you feel sick or lightheaded?" She asked as we came to a halt at the drop ship door. I shook my head. We turned and went into the drop ship where Murphy was on the floor, vomiting blood. 

"Shit. John." I swore, kneeling down to help my friend. 

"Don't touch him." Clarke shouted. 

"What? Why? Clarke, what's going on?" I demanded.

She ignored me and crouched down beside Murphy and I. "Murphy, hey. Look at me. I need you to tell me exactly how you escaped from the Grounders. What happened?"

Murphy tiredly panted. "I don't know. I woke up, and they forgot to lock my cage. There was no one there, so I took off." He choked out.

They let him go. It all made sense. They didn't need him anymore so they let him go with something contagious to infect us. Revenge for the bridge. We watched as Clarke's face dropped in disappointment. 

"They let you go." I realized with a sad sigh. 

Bellamy entered the drop ship. "Bellamy, stay back." Clarke ordered.