23||revenge

"guy knows how to make an exit"

"Hey, where're you going?" Raven asked Jasper as he began to walk away.

"More gunpowder," Jasper muttered before heading toward the drop ship where I had put the extra gunpowder. I could tell he was in a shitty mood, and to be honest, so am I. We're pissed at each other and we're pissed at Bellamy for not letting us go after Monty, Clarke and Finn. Jasper made a point to shove past me as I was kneeled down, tying some wires. His shin bumped into my shoulder, knocking me on my ass. He turned around to make sure he made his point and I stuck my tongue out at him, which he returned.

I rolled my eyes as I watched him enter the drop ship before turning back to focusing on this land mine.

Bellamy was parading around camp, being a huge dick to make up for what he lacks, ordering people around, yelling at kids five years younger than him – the usual.

"'Tell Bellamy' what?" Bellamy said into his walkie-talkie as he passed me, stopping in his tracks right beside me as I finished the mine and covered it with a cloth like we did with all the others to let kids know where they were.

"Murphy's got a gun — he killed Myles-" Jasper's panicked voice over the radio was cut off with a grunt of pain. I stood up and looked to Bellamy beside me. Murphy has a gun in the drop ship and he just killed a kid. And to top it all off, my brother is in there with him.

"What the fuck did I just hear?" I asked Bellamy in reference to what Jasper had just said. Before Bellamy could answer, the whir of the drop ship door invaded our ears. Bellamy and I looked at each other, immediately knowing what was happening and sprinted to the drop ship.

"Murphy!" Bellamy shouted at the top of his lungs as the drop ship door rose up, closing. "Murphy! Open the damn door!"

"You try to be a hero, Jasper dies!" Murphy shouted back.

So now there's a revenge-hungry murderer inside the drop ship holding my brother hostage — also with an army of Grounders outside the walls who could attack any minute. Fan-fucking-tastic.

"John Murphy I swear to God, if you so much as lay a hand on Jasper, I-" I shouted, but Bellamy grabbed my arm as he cut me off.

"Hey, don't make this a scene. We need people to be working," He hissed in my ear.

"Oh, my bad. I'm so, so sorry King Bellamy," I started, words laced in sarcasm and venom. "I'm sorry that my brother being held hostage in there by a murderer is disrupting your war plans! I'll make as much of a scene as I damn well please. At least I'm doing something about it," In

"You don't think I wanna do something about it? You heard what he said – we try to do something, he's gonna kill Jasper," I shoved his hand off my bicep. Sure, he had a point, but standing around doing nothing isn't gonna help either.

***

About an hour had passed, and by now, the sun had come up. Most people were too distracted by what was going on with Murphy to do any work. I was still pacing outside the drop ship, worried for my brother, any thoughts of the fight we were in completely out of my mind and replaced with sheer worry and fear.

Raven had only just finished up the mines, and Bellamy had the idea to get her to see if we can get access to the door through the floor.

"I just heard Murphy has Jasper," Octavia came rushing out of one of the newly-built tunnels and over to where Bellamy and I stood.

"Yeah. South foxhole done?" Bellamy replied dully.