8||noose

"they didn't kill wells. i did."

"Float them! Float them! Float them!" The crowd chanted.

Why on Earth did I have to stick up for Murphy?

"Run. Go, now!" Murphy muttered to me frantically, pushing me slightly in front of him. Before I could start running, someone stuck out their foot and tripped me, causing me to land face first in mud. Out of the corner of my eye, I could see Murphy had been pushed to the ground and was being kicked and assaulted my multiple delinquents at once.

Someone came over to me and kicked me in the face. Murphy was screaming in protest beside me as he was kicked and beat up by at least a dozen teenagers.

I could barely see anything because of the mud in my eyes, but I felt myself being pulled to my feet. Someone tied a gag around my mouth and tied my hands and feet together. 

I heard chaos around me, people like Clarke and Octavia screamed for them to stop, while others cheered on the delinquents that were tying Murphy and I up. 

Muffled screams escaped my mouth as two boys picked me up and pushed me down a hill, Murphy being pushed down straight after. 

Two boys picked me up and held me tight as the crowd around us cheered loudly. I shook my head, shaking some of the mud off so I could see better. 

They had thrown two ropes over a large tree branch and tied them into two loops.

Nooses. 

One for me and one for Murphy. 

I could see they had already started to string Murphy up and I knew I was next. I had no time to think of a way to get out of this. I should have kept my mouth shut.

The kids hoisted me up and I felt the cold, rough rope being loosely thrown around my neck. My feet rested on a crate as the large group of delinquents screamed and cheered louder. 

I was able to turn my head to Murphy beside me, who looked at me with fear in his eyes. He gave a look as if to say 'I'm sorry'. 

Clarke and Octavia were yelling in protest, trying to get them to stop. 

"Bellamy, you should do it." Connor shouted. "Bellamy! Bellamy! Bellamy!" He started chanting, the crowd joining in. 

Bellamy and I locked eyes and I shook my head with a pleading look. Clarke shouted at him, I couldn't make out what she was saying over all the noise but I assumed she was telling him not to. 

The crowd continued to chant. "Bellamy! Bellamy! Bellamy!" 

"We didn't do anything!" I pleaded, my voice muffled from the mud covered gag around my mouth.

With a strike of his foot, Bellamy kicked the crate from under Murphy, but backed away before he could kick mine from under me. Connor took it upon himself to kick mine down.

I felt all the air leaving my lungs as the rope tightened around my neck. The sound Murphy's muffled screams beside me mixed with my own filled my ears. 

I couldn't get any air into my lungs. I tried not to struggle, hoping it would be less painful. The crowd around us cheered, which made me sick to my stomach. They were cheering for us to die. They were enjoying watching us suffer, even though there was no proof that we did anything.

"Just stop okay! They didn't kill Wells! I did!" A high pitched voice screamed, sending the crowd almost silent. "I did." 

I felt the pressure of the rope being released around my neck as I dropped to the ground, Octavia catching me right before I could hit the ground.