Chapter 1: The Man in the Tengu Mask

(All pictures, products and if I make allusions to anime, series and games do not belong to me)

The evening sun shines down on the city. Many people try to get home quickly while others head to town for a good time. In a deserted area of the city, a boy with green eyes is standing on the edge of a building. This is Izuku Yagi, a boy who has never had much luck in his life. You can see the sadness in his eyes, he looks down from the edge of the building to the ground.

Izuku: I just wanted someone to accept my dream.

---Flashback---

Bakugou: You will never become a hero, Deku!

--

Izumi: You are useless just accept that!

--

All Might: I'm sorry, you can't become a hero without a Quirk, it's way too dangerous.

---Flashback end---

Izuku: Couldn't someone support me, just someone? Even my own father, the number one hero, couldn't condescend to help me.

Izuku slowly leans forward and falls down the roof.

Izuku: Hey Kacc- no. Bakugou, i take your advice. I hope your happy...

Izuku approaches the ground, but before he lands, someone catches him.

Izuku: *thoughts* A Hero? No, heroes are really rare in this area.

???: Everything okay?

Izuku looks up and is startled for a moment, he looks at a Tengu mask. In front of him is an older man wearing a cloud-patterned jinbei kimono and a Tengu mask on his face. Izuku looks down at the floor with sadness.

Izuku: Why did you save me?

The man stands up and crosses his arms.

???: Do you need a reason to help someone in need?

Izuku looks up in shock. He has rarely heard other people say something like that, most only help people when something comes out for them. He wants to say something, but he feels a strong pain in his body. The man notices that of course and looks closely at Izuku's body, he is shocked at what he sees.

???: You are badly injured, bruises everywhere, two almost broken ribs. How long have you been walking around with these injuries?

Izuku wants to say something again, but the pain keeps him from doing it. The man kneels down and puts one of his hands on Izuku's back. At that moment, Izuku slowly faints.

???: Get some sleep, everything will be fine.

---Timeskip---

After a while, Izuku's eyes open. He notices that he is lying in a futon. He sits up and notices that the injured areas are bandaged on his body. He looks around and sees that he is in an older house, next to him is a fireplace and in the corner there is a door. He looks out the window and notices that it is night.

???: You are awake.

Izuku is startled and looks in the direction of the voice. The older man is sitting there, kneeling at a desk, writing something.

???: My name is Sakonji Urokodaki. What is your name?

Izuku: I-Izuku Yagi. Thank you very much for helping me Urokodaki-san.

Urokodaki turns and looks at Izuku.

Urokodaki: Please explain to me why you were so hurt.

Izuku sighs and starts explaining to Urokodaki everything that has happened to him since he was four years old. From ignoring to abuse. After the story, Urokodaki nods understandably.

Izuku: If I could ask how long did I sleep?

Urokodaki: Three days.

Izuku jumps up from the futon in shock.

Izuku: Three days?! I'm sorry for bothering you for so long. But I have to get home quickly.

But before Izuku could run out, Urokodaki stopped him.

Urokodaki: It's already dark outside, you'd better stay here or the demons will get you.

Izuku turns to Urokodaki with a nervous smile.

Izuku: I am very grateful that you helped me. But you're not serious about the demons, are you?

Instead of saying anything, Urokodaki just stares at the boy.

Izuku: You mean it!

Urokodaki nods.

Izuku: But if there are demons, why don't the heroes do anything against them?

Urokodaki: The heroes are unable to fight the demons.

Izuku: Does that mean we'll all die from the demons?

Urokodaki: No, even before the age of heroes, there was a group that fought against the demons. They are called the Demon Slayer Corps.

Izuku sits there in silence until a smell drifts into his nose.

Izuku: I'm sorry to ask, but are we in or near a forest?

Urokodaki seems surprised.

Urokodaki: How do you know?

Izuku: The smell of the forest.

Urokodaki turns to the fireplace and takes the kettle off the hook and pours the two of them a cup of tea.

Urokodaki: Izuku, I have a question.

Izuku blows on his tea to cool it down a little before looking at Urokodaki with interest.

Urokodaki: Do you want to train with me to become part of the Demon Slayer.

Izuku is shocked by this question, he has only known for a few minutes that demons exist, he wonders if he would even be able to do so.

Izuku: I-I don't know ...

Urokodaki nods before hitting Izuku on the head with the edge of his hand.

Urokodaki: You are too indecisive, if you want to help people this is the best way. So make up your mind.

Izuku ponders for a moment before kneeling in front of Urokodaki.

Izuku: Please accept me as your student.

Urokodaki: The training will be tough.

Izuku: I don't care, I'll do anything.

Urokodaki: Good. Relax for today, tomorrow we will start your training.

To be continued.