Chapter 11: Train Ride

(All pictures, products and if I make allusions to anime, series and games do not belong to me)

It's been a few days since UA's Sports Festival. Rengoku has been traveling with Izuku and Hitomi ever since. The two didn't really think it was a bad thing that he did this, but Hitomi would like to have some alone time with Izuku again. The two are currently at a train station, waiting for a train that goes to Hosu. Izuku looks around for Rengoku.

Izuku: Where the hell is he?

Hitomi: I saw him go to a bento shop. Don't worry, he'll be there in time.

After a few minutes the train arrives and at that moment Rengoku also approaches them. Izuku seems relieved, but then looks at Rengoku's back and sees that he is wearing a box-shaped cloth, which he and Hitomi can only guess are bentos.

Rengoku: Excuse my delay. Let's go to our seats.

Izuku and Hitomi look at each other and shrug before following him to their seats. It takes a few minutes before the train leaves. Izuku and Hitomi sit together while Rengoku is a row in front of them, eating his bentos while yelling "umai" after each bite. Izuku and Hitomi have adapted well to it.

The three sit for a while as two more people enter the train compartment. Two people Izuku knows all too well. It's his sister Izumi wearing her hero costume. With her is a little old man who also wears a hero costume that is yellow and white. Izuku tries his best to hide his face, thinking it's working as the two immediately look at him as they walk past.

Izumi: Izuku!

Izuku slowly turns his head to the side and smiles at them both a little nervously.

Izuku: Hey Izumi, hey Grandpa Torino.

Before anyone can say anything, Gran Torino flies in Izuku's face with his foot in his face.

Gran Torino: You stupid grandson! Do you know how long I've been worrying about you! You know that you can always come to me if you have problems and what do I learn from my stupid students and their daughter that my grandson ran away to a sword fighting school!

Izuku scratches his neck in embarrassment.

Izuku: I'm really sorry grandpa.

Gran Torino sighs and crosses his arms.

Gran Torino: Are you at least happy?

Izuku smiles and nods.

Izuku: Yes. May I introduce you to Hitomi, she is my partner.

Izuku leans back slightly in his seat so that his grandpa Hitomi can see who waves at him.

Gran Torino: partner or more?

The two blush before shaking their heads. This makes Gran Torino laugh as Rengoku decides to introduce himself.

Rengoku: Hello, my name is Rengoku Kyōjurō and I'm a teacher from Demon Slayer Academy!

The group sits back down and Izuku and his grandpa talk to each other while Izumi looks at the floor with shame and sadness.

The train has been traveling for a while when Izuku suddenly smells something and Rengoku senses something approaching. They both stand up and run forward before pulling the people ahead off their seats as a hero is thrown into the side of the train and a gray creature climbs into the hole with its brains exposed. The creature tries to grab the hero, but Rengoku is quicker and takes him to safety. Rengoku turns to the creature before reaching into his jacket and pulling out a tiger-like mask made similar to Izuku's. He turns to the hero.

Rengoku: Since this is an emergency, please ignore the fact that I am carrying a sword.

With that, Rengoku turns to the creature and draws his sword.

Rengoku: I know you're not a demon. However, if you bare your fangs at innocent people, my bright red flame blade will burn you to the bone!

Rengoku holds his sword with the tip of the blade pointing backwards and the sharp side of the blade to the side.

Rengoku suddenly disappears, but then reappears behind the creature whose head falls off.

Rengoku: Flame Breathing, First Form: Unknowing Fire!

To be continued.