Chapter 6: First Mission with a Partner

(All pictures, products and if I make allusions to anime, series and games do not belong to me)

It is quite late when the train stops. Izuku gets up and sees that Hitomi is sleeping with her cat on her lap. He shakes her and she slowly opens her eyes.

Hitomi: What's going on?

Izuku: We have arrived. Come on, we have to go.

The two leave the train, even if Izuku had to drag the somewhat sleepy Hitomi with him. Even if Izuku would like to finish the mission first, he first has to get Hitomi awake, so he put her down on a bench and went to buy her a coffee.

Izuku: Here.

Hitomi: Thank you.

Hitomi takes a few sips of her coffee and seems at least a little more awake.

Hitomi: I'm ready. What was our mission again?

Izuku: In this city, children between the ages of 10 and 12 go missing every night. Now the question is, is it a demon ...

Hitomi: or a curse.

Izuku/Hitomi: or both.

The two of them get up and walk a little through the streets. The heroes seem very tense, they are probably getting a bad reputation at the moment, Izuku suspects.

Izuku: The heroes are very tense.

Hitomi: What do you expect? They are probably being put down very much right now because they cannot arrest the culprit.

The two of them walk around for a while when Hitomi suddenly hears a flute. She stops and looks around, a little surprised. Izuku notices this and turns to face her.

Izuku: What's wrong?

Hitomi: Can't you hear the flute?

Izuku: Flute?

Izuku smells a little more intense and notices the smell of a demon, but there is also another smell. But before he can do anything, Hitomi runs off.

Hitomi: Let's go!

Izuku: Hitomi! Wait!

But Hitomi doesn't listen to him. She arrives in an alley and sees a child in pajamas.

Hitomi: Hey little one, it's dangerous here go home.

But the child just keeps walking. Hitomi goes in front of the child and puts her hands on the child's shoulders.

Hitomi: Didn't you hear me. Go home.

At that moment, Hitomi sees that the child has rather cloudy eyes, as if it were in a kind of trance. Suddenly she hears a dull noise behind her. She turns around and sees a man with gray skin and completely red eyes. He wears a hat with a feather on his head and a red and black robe. He holds a red flute in his hands.

Hitomi: You are the curse! Kuro, transformation!

Kuro lights up briefly and splits into two glowing spheres that fly onto Hitomi's hands and form a weapon.

Hitomi: Cat claws!

Hitomi runs up to the man and runs her cats claws through the chest

Hitomi runs up to the man and runs her cats claws through the chest. She thinks she has won, but is shocked when the man doesn't turn into dust. The man laughs darkly and raises his hand over his head. Hitomi now notices what sharp claws he has for his hands. Hitomi thinks she is going to die when a hand grabs her and pulls her back. The punch misses and Hitomi looks up to see Izuku.

Izuku: Are you all right?

Hitomi is a bit shocked, she didn't expect him to come to the rescue in time.

Hitomi: Yes. Thank you Izuku.

Izuku: It's alright. I take care of this guy.

Hitomi: No! This curse is too strong! We need to get help.

Izuku grabs his hip and sees his sword out of nowhere, Hitomi is very surprised, she knew that every Demon Slayer had a sword, but she didn't know that they could pull it out of nowhere.

Izuku: This is not a curse, this is a demon. I think the curse is somewhere on the demon. Look for something that seems strange.

Izuku inhales and runs.

Izuku: Water Breathing, Fourth Form: Striking Tide

The demon tries to catch Izuku with his claws but Izuku moves to the side, cuts off the demon's arms before beheading him in one quick strike. Hitomi, who is holding the child who is still trying to leave, watches Izuku in shock.

Hitomi: * Thoughts * I don't need to protect him, he gets along just fine on his own. But where is the curse now?

Her eyes widen when she sees the red flute get legs, like a spider's, and tries to flee. She jumps to her feet and runs towards the flute before cutting the flute in one strike. Izuku turns and sees Hitomi standing there.

Izuku: Did you destroy the curse?

Hitomi: Yeah. What do we do with him now?

Hitomi turns to the child who is now sleeping on the floor. Izuku puts a hand on his chin.

Izuku: We can hardly leave the child here. I have an idea.

Izuku picks up the child and walks down the street with Hitomi. The two find a hero and approach him.

Izuku: Excuse me.

The hero turns and smiles at the two.

Hero: Hello, how can I help?

Izuku turns slightly to the side so that the hero can see the child.

Hitomi: We were both on our way home when we found this boy in an alley. He lay there asleep.

The hero takes a closer look at the boy before turning his attention to Izuku and Hitomi.

Hero: You two did very well. Where did you find him exactly?

Izuku: Two blocks down in the alley next to the clothing store.

The hero nods before he takes the child and packs it on his back, he looks away briefly.

Hero: All right, I will first take the child to the police to find out his identity. Then I'll take a close look at the alley. And you two have to-

He looks back at Izuku and Hitomi, but they were no longer there.

Hero: Where did they go?

A little later, Izuku and Hitomi are sitting in a small shop and have something to eat. Both ordered ramen.

Hitomi: You are impressive Izuku.

Izuku: What?

Hitomi: Though you don't have a quirk of running into danger like this. Only a few would do that.

Izuku: It's not that special. My master told me that a lot of Demon Slayers don't have Quirk. But I still have a long way to go, before I even had a chance against a Hashira.

Hitomi: You will do it, I'm sure of that.

Izuku: Thank you you are really impressive too Hitomi. I never thought that Kuro could be used as a weapon.

Hitomi blushes a little and pushes a little bit of her hair behind her ear.

Hitomi: You think so?

Izuku: Yeah. * Thoughts * How can I get stronger? Training alone is a good start, but there has to be something else. I've already learned total concentration, but what can I do to- Of course! What if I use the total concentration constantly? I have to train more. It's going to be difficult, but it might work.

To be continued.