Chapter 12

(All pictures, products and if I make allusions to anime, series and games do not belong to me)

Rengoku stands in front of the dead creature he just decapitated. He looks out of the hole in the train and sees something burning in the distance. Izuku runs towards Rengoku and looks outside as well and sees the fire. Gran Torino and Izumi also come to the hole and see the fire. Gran Torino looks critically at Rengoku but then calms down.

Gran Torino: While I think it was a bit of an overstatement, thank you for helping the folks here. But from now on, Green Tornado (Izumi's hero name) and I will take over. Come on Green Tornado.

Izumi: Yes!

The two jump off the train and run into town. Gran Torino is obviously a lot faster than Izumi but she's trying to keep up. Meanwhile, Rengoku, Izuku, and Hitomi are still on the train by the hole. Izuku raises an eyebrow and looks at the Flame Hashira.

Izuku: What should we do?

Rengoku: Mhh this is a task for the heroes, we should stay out of it. At least until a demon shows up. First of all, let's sit down. Or do you feel something Hitomi?

Hitomi looks at the city and shakes her head.

Hitomi: There doesn't seem to be a curse here, at least I can't feel it.

Rengoku nods and returns to his seat on the train.

Rengoku: Then we'll just keep quiet and rest for now.

Izuku and Hitomi go back to their seats and relax. Though shocking to most of the passengers still on the train, these three remain so calm in this situation. A few minutes pass, one explosion after another happening in the city, as the eyes of the three all open at the same time.

Izuku: I sense a demon.

Rengoku: Glad you noticed, too, young Yagi!

Hitomi: Not only that, there's also a curse, maybe several.

Rengoku: Alright, we're on our way, follow me!

Rengoku is the first to run, put on his mask and jump out of the hole in the train onto one of the city's rooftops. Izuku and Hitomi look at each other and nod. Izuku puts his mask on and puts his arms under Hitomi's legs and lifts her up in bridal style. Hitomi wraps her arms around his neck to hold on and her face is slightly red. Izuku takes a deep breath and also jumps off the train onto one of the rooftops. He looks around and spots Rengoku a little further in the distance. He takes another breath and runs after Rengoku. They jump over the city rooftops until they arrive at a large intersection that is on fire. In the intersection are three more of these creatures that were on the train and heroes fighting them. But out of an alley comes a woman with white skin and she has a blood-red whip in her hand. Rengoku and Izuku narrow their eyes when they see the woman.

Izuku: There's the demon.

Rengoku: Well, young Yagi, you will take care of this demon. Meanwhile, Hitomi will continue to search for the curse. I won't step in until you need help.

Meanwhile, the female demon attacks the heroes with her whip, whipping so fast that the whip cannot be followed with the naked eye. The heroes try to block their attacks, but at the same time defend themselves against the creatures.

Hero1: Damn! What is going on here?!

Hero2: First these creatures and now another villain.

The demon licks her teeth with a sadistic smile.

Demon: Yes, yes my little prey screams, I want to hear your screams before I eat you!

This shocks the heroes, but also frightens them.

Hero1: What's the matter with her?!

Hero3: She wants to eat us?

The demon attacks from the side and is about to sever a hero's head when they hear.

Izuku: Water Breathing, Eighth Form: Waterfall Basin

Izuku comes down from above with his sword drawn in front of the hero and cuts the whip. The demon's eyes widen when she sees Izuku. But the heroes are just confused.

Hero2: And who are you now?

Izuku turns his head slightly to look at the hero, but he is unsure how to act because he just sees the side of a fox mask.

Izuku: Who I am doesn't matter. I take care of this villain you take care of these creatures.

The heroes are just not sure what to do, but decide this is the best solution to their problem.

Demon: You're a Demon Slayer, I know that, you won't get my head!

The demon attacks again with multiple blows, Izuku holds his sword in front of him and blocks each blow from the whip. Neither the demon nor Izuku can move from their place. If Izuku moves, the whip will hit one of the heroes, if the demon moves and stops attacking, Izuku will get too close.

Izuku : *Thoughts* There must be a way I can cut off this demon's head without allying the heroes with it... I've got an idea!

Izuku pursues the whip as he strikes the whip with the back of his sword. To his delight, exactly what he thought would happen happened. The whip wraps around his sword and he holds the whip taut. He grins as he grabs the whip and continues to hold it taut before detaching the whip from his sword.

Demon: Do you honestly think that was a good idea! I'll just throw you away with my whip and smash your head with it!

The demon grins before attempting to swing her whip with Izuku attached, only to look too shocked when the whip and Izuku don't move an inch.

Demon: What the?! How strong are you?!

Izuku grins as he inhales, he lets go of the whip, grabs his sword with both hands, and runs toward the demon at incredible speed.

Izuku: Water Breathing, Third Form: Flowing Dance!

He swings his sword so that it almost looks like a dance, as he cuts the whip into several pieces on his way to the demon, his sword is followed by a river of water. The demon tries to flee, but before she can even turn around, Izuku reaches her and slits her neck. He lands behind her as the demon slowly dissipates, sheathing his sword and clapping his hands twice.

Izuku: I hope you now understand the mistakes you made, hope someday you can find peace.

A hero looks behind and watches in shock as the demon dissipates. He turns completely and points at Izuku.

Hero1: You killed her!

The other heroes also look behind and see the scenery.

Hero2: Damn!

Hero3: We should arrest him!

Hero 1 and 2 run towards Izuku, but he disappears in front of them. The heroes look around in confusion, looking for him, but fail to spot him on the roof with Rengoku. He has his typical smile on his face and nods at Izuku.

Rengoku: Good work young Yagi! Let's go to your partner! She is near here.

To be continued.