The Magic Knight Exams Part 2

"What?" Storge subconsciously blurted out.

"YAMI DANCHOU!" A call from young wan could be heard. Storge turned her head to the side to see a man peaking out of a portal. He was dressed in green along with a intact version of the huge man's cloak wrapped around his shoulders. He sounded like he was out of breath. 

"Danchou, the other magic knights are calling for you already. The exams are going to start." 

Storge's eye's widened for two reasons. Reason number one, "Oh no, I need to go now or I'm going to be late for the exam and then I have to wait another year to take it again." Reason number two, "This dude is Yami Sukehiro?! The Captain of the Black Bulls?" 

Her mixed feelings are probably reflected on her face because with when Yami glanced at it, he laughed. "Just hold up for a minute Finrall, I need to talk to this girl for one sec." 

"Hey gorgeous!" This Finrall guy called out to Storge with a wink and a wave. Storge felt a bit of disgust but managed to force a smile and an awkward wave. 

"He does that to every woman he sees," Yami blurted out and he exhaled a huge cloud of smoke. He turned back at the small teen girl that was at least half his size. "What's your name girl?" He asked in his deep toned voice. 

"Storge," she answered. 

"Storge what?"

"Just Storge. I was raised in a church and was never given a surname." 

"Hmmm," Yami exhaled another smoke cloud before continuing his interrogation. "And why were you raised at a church?" 

Storge let out a sigh. There was no chance she could go back to the colosseum at this rate. "My mother died when she gave birth to me. No one knew who she was or where she came from so the church took me in." 

"Which church?" 

"Hage Village."

Yami's face looked slightly baffled before returning to his normal flat face. "And that cape was her's?"

She felt her finger instinctively grabbed and fumbled with the soft edges of her coat. "Yes," she answered briefly.   

There was a moment of silence. It seems that Yami closed his eyes for a moment and for a sec Storge considered making a run for it. 

"Join my squad." He said, repeating what he said earlier. This time there was more sincerity in his voice, as if he was begging me to join. "You came here to be a magic knight do you? Don't worry, despite being the worst, the Black Bulls will give you the same training and duties like the other squads. Even the pay is the same." 

That last sentence sort of clicked with Storge. She scratched her head as she thought about it for a sec. Asta and Yuno shouldn't mind if I entered the magic knights without going through the exam. I hope they won't be jealous. I needed the money anyway and the faster I get it, the better. 

"Okay," she answered. "I'll join your squad." 

Yami let out a laugh. "Atta girl." He pulled out a black short cloak and grabbed my mother's cloak, pulling it of my shoulders without breaking the hook and eye enclosure. "Put this on," he commanded as he shoved the black cloak to her hands. 

"Go to the back of the colosseum. If you want to watch the exams just tell the guards I sent you and they'll let you in. I'll meet up with you when the exam is over." And with that, Yami walked towards the portal with the creepy green guy in it. 

"Sir!" Storge blurted out before he entered the portal. Yami stopped. "Um, can I have that back?" She said with a soft voice while pointing to her mother's cloak. This made Yami let out a cheeky smile once more. "You'll get it back." He said before disappearing into the portal entirely.