It Isn't a Party Without Charmy

Yami and Storge walked out of the hospital and into the busy streets of the Royal Capital. Storge was in awe on how the modern the buildings looked. They were more colorful and architecturally more complex than the buildings back in Hage AND in Kikka. It was really a sight to behold. 

While Storge's eyes surveyed the nearest shops and stalls, Yami pulled out a scroll and a bag full of money. Storge obediently took it and let the rolled up paper unwind until the other end dropped on the floor. "A shopping list?" She asked, reading the header. 

"Yes," Yami answered before lighting up a fresh cigarette. "Along with the places to buy each of them." 

The Captain and his rookie continued down the road as Storge's eyes read the long list of items, reading them one by one.

 Her eyes widened. "50 WHOLE COWS?!" She exclaimed. "Wagyu preferred. Hide and guts included but separated in a different container. Separate the tenderloin, brisket and sirloins for human consumption and cut the rest in large chunks. wha-"

"We our own personal butcher," Yami explained. "We've been working with him for two years. Just tell him to deliver it to the base and pay. He'll take care of it." 

"But why-" 

"It's for the beast the lives under the base. They're always hungry." 

"And the "The Golden Tree Exclusive Bamboo Toiler Paper"?" Storge asked, continuing to read down the list. 

"It's the best in the Kingdom." 

Storge let out an uncomfortable smile as they to their first store, a furniture store to pick out a new bed for Luck, preferably one that was made from steel (Storge was wise not to ask more about it) and some fresh new linen sheets. They then continued to a department store, hardware store, booze store (they purchased half of the stock), and finally the butcher's shop. 

After all 50 cows were purchased, both of them went out to head to another store just for Yami to receive a call from his captains magic item telephone...thing. He let out a sigh. 

"Sorry kiddo, turns out I'm needed in the Palace. I already told them that I would be busy to attend that stupid award ceremony, but apparently the Wizard King insisted." 

"Ah I see," Storge said, looking back at the list, there was still one third of the things on the list left to purchase. Thankfully, there was nothing weird and unusual that Storge can't handle buying on her own. 

"I think I can take it from here danchou," Storge said. 

"Good, see you back in the base," he said before hopping on a broom and flew away. 

"Darn it!" Storge cursed under her breath as she saw her captain fly away. "Why didn't I bring my broom?" 

"Here it is!" Charmy said, handing Storge's precious new broom to her. 

"Oh, thank you so- Charmy senpai?" 

"Hehe!" Charmy let out the biggest smile in the history of man kind. "I was hiding in the basket with my cotton magic la. When you planned to give the basket to your friend in the Golden Dawn (which is very sweet of you), I hopped to you cape hood la! I've been with you ever since la!" 

"Thats-" Storge didn't know how to react. Charmy needed to be basically weightless because she felt nothing hold her hood down the whole day. Storge was starting to realize that her tiny adorable senpai maybe more powerful than she thinks. 

"Anyway, do you still have that apple? The one you put in your satchel!" Charmy asked with glimmering, hungry eyes. 

"Oh, of course," Storge answered as she grabbed it and handed to her. 

As expected, the apple was nothing but it's core in 2 minutes. "This is so good la!" Charmy said as she tossed the remains to a nearby public bin. "If only you took more," she added. 

Storge glanced back at the list. "I still need to buy food to restock the pantry." 

Charmy's eyes widened as she grabbed the list and used her little arms to hold it up to her face as she read. "Oh my! Danchou forgot to add buttermilk, caviar, zucchini, gouda, provolone, sourdough, yogurt, pomegranates, penne, truffle, balsamic vinegar, 90% dark chocolate, 80% dark chocolate, 70% dark chocolate, 60% dark chocolate..." 

Charmy went on and on, listing every single ingredient in the planet that Yami didn't list down. Storge, who hasn't heard atleast half of whatever Charmy stated, stared to just look around awkwardly, smiling at the people who passed by, and faked whistling (she can't whistle) until she noticed that the sun was starting to go down. 

"Um, Charmy? We should go." Storge said reminded her senpai. 

"cloves, nutmeg, almonds- I'm sorry, did you say something la?" 

Storge let out an awkward smile. "We need to get going if we're gonna buy everything on time." 

Charmy placed two fingers on her chin, making the thinking pose, as she thought hardly. "OH, I KNOW!" She exclaimed, grabbing Storge's arm and starting to make a run for it down the road. "I know a guy la!" Charmy explained as she dragged her rookie through every single twist and turn. 

Charmy brought them to a lone stall where Charmy handed the list to the stall owner along with another long list of the ingredients that she wanted  (it was a really REALLY long list). The two Black Bulls paid with the remaining cash that Yami gave them along with Charmy's salary (because there were too many extra's purchased and Yami's money wasn't even close to covering it all). The stall owner said that he would have delivered to the base by tomorrow morning. 

And with that, Storge's errands were complete. 

"Now," Charmy said, pointing at the royal palace. "WE PARTY!" 

"Wha-" 

"Today is the day that they give medals to the magic knights that rank up la!" Charmy explained. "After that, there's always a party! It's always filled with the best food made by the best chefs in the kingdom! I can only imagine the savory tender..."

Charmy was too lost in her imaginations (and mouth watering) to even continue talking. Storge let out a concerned look. 

"If it's something so important (I mean... it's in the royal castle), don't you think that you need an... invitation... or something?" 

Storge felt a small yet determined pat on her back. "Storge! We are young! This is the time for us to live!" Charmy said with determination before just sprinting of to the palace. 

"Wait!" Storge called out as she followed suit, hopping to stop her before things get bad!

"You can't stop me la!" Charmy screamed back like a cute tiny maniac.

 People were starting to stare as the small childlike Black Bull magic knight followed by another, frantically panicking magic knight. 

"IT ISN'T A PARTY WITHOUT CHARMY!" She announced to the world as they got closer and closer, to the Royal Castle. 

It was at that point. 

A house exploded. 

Literally.