A "Not Stolen" Wand

Before Noelle could bicker about it, they walked out of the clothing store (after paying, of course) and went to the chemist to pick up the things Vanessa needs for the Black Bull's first aid kit like healing potions, balms, and all that other good stuff.

"Now that that's done," Vanessa said as she exited the chemist's store. She turned to Noelle. "Let's get something for you next."

They walked for quite a while past the busy streets and vendors, stopping at the one that sold strawberry Mille-feuille and crepes (Squishy Clover reference). After a few more streets and alley ways, they reached a small alley with a dead end.

Vanessa casually walked up to the wall and walked through it (platform 9 3/4 style). She peaked her head out from the wall. "Come one, we don't have that much time left!" She said before disappearing back in again.

The trio gulped as they closed their eyes and entered the wall. They stumbled on the other side before realizing that they were in an underground area with the double the amount of vendors available in the Castle Town. "Welcome to the Black Market!" Vanessa said.

"Woah," the kids were shocked. "How come I've never heard of this?" Noelle asked.

"Nobles hate this place," Vanessa explained as she walked amongst the cluster of stalls. "Now, let's go find something to help you with that magic of yours. Shall we?"

Turns out Vanessa is pretty well know in the area. Shop vendors (mostly men) who knew her would call her name and offer her their finest products. She does have that flair when it comes to talking to people.

They stopped in a few stalls that sold (probably stolen) magical items. "What about his one?" Storge said, holding up a silver and emerald tiara that seem to suppress magic. 

"Really? Emeralds don't suit my royal aesthetic." Noelle said. 

"True," Storge said as she placed the tiara back down.

As soon as the tiara hit the table, Storge felt a blinding light for a split second and for some reason, everything around her became monochrome. She looked left and right. Noelle was gone. So was Vanessa and Asta. Even the stall looked different. 

"This is a wonderful piece, Anna," Storge heard the shop vendor said as she saw the him (or at least, a younger version of him) took a tiara similar to the one's she's holing. Storge turned to the person who gave him the tiara. 

Her eyes widened. 

It was a woman with a cape. The cape that Father Orsi gave her. The cape that he said belonged to her mother. She had long dark wavy hair that is put up into a pony tail in a back and deep purple eyes. Just. like. her's. 

Another blinding light hit and she was back in a colorful world with the tiara in hand. "Storge?" Noelle said that made Storge jump slightly. "Are you okay? You seem out of it." 

Storge took a short while to proses what just happened. It didn't seem that Noelle or the other's experience what just happened to her. 

"Oh, nothing." Storge said as she forced a smile. "I was just- I just spaced out. That's all." 

"Well, okay then." Noelle said as she turned to the other items on the stall. 

Storge looked back at the tiara. "Was the woman I saw... mom?" She thought to herself. 

"I'm buying this," she quickly said to the shop vendor, placing 300 yuels on the table. "Is this enough?" She asked. 

"This is more than enough honey," the stall owner said, collecting the cash. Storge smiled as she placed it in the satchel she had brought with her. "I'll come back to this later," Storge promised herself as they continued their shopping endeavor. 

They stopped in one stall, to the next one, and then the next. It turns out that Noelle is very picky when it comes to shopping. 

"What about this necklace?" Vanessa said, pointing to a thick ancient looking one. Noelle looked at it for one hot second before looking away. 

"Ugly," she spat out and walked away to another stall. 

"GUY! CHECK OUT WHAT I FOUND!" Asta exclaimed as she ran to the girls holding a green handstitched monster stuffed doll... thing that has a rope on it. 

"It speaks!" He proudly explained as he pulled the rope and it let out a squeaky voice. 

"Hmph, I have tons of those back at  home. All of them are more beautiful and more skillfully crafted than that!" Noelle said.

Little did she know that even Storge was intrigued. "Can I borrow that?" Storge said. "Sure!" Asta handed the doll to her. Storge pulled the string and the squeaky played again. She let out giggle. "This is actually quite fun!" She said, pulling the string one more time. 

"How old are you?" Noelle critiqued, crossing her hands. 

"Sorry Noelle," Storge said, returning the doll to Asta. "Growing up, we didn't actually get a lot of  toys. Most of them are hand carved wood toys that the local carpenter made for us with scraps wood he had laying around." 

"Then I'll send for cooler toys! Ones made of QUALITY materials. I'll send ten- no, fifty!" Noelle declared before stomping to another stall without another word. 

"Hello there! Are you looking for something?" A sound of woman called out to Noelle. The trio, along with Vanessa who wasn't far behind, turned to a pretty lively young woman with brown hair and wearing purple dress. She doesn't have a stall. Instead, she has a carpet that displays the things she sells.

Storge wrapped her hands around Noelle. "My friend here has trouble controlling her magic," she explained to the stall owner. "We're looking for something that can help with that." 

"Well then, I might just have the thing you need." 

The stall women pulled out a wand and the kids walked closer to get a better look. She handed the wand to Noelle. "Here you go!" She said as Noelle picked it up and gave it a swing. "Huh," she said as she observed the wand in her hand. "This is actually not that bad." 

"I made it myself," the stall owner said. "Really," Storge said, leaning a little bit more to get a good look. "Yep, since I have the skills and selling stolen objects just don't sit right with me." "Good," Noelle said. "Royalty shouldn't be using anything touched by a thief." 

The stall owner seemed pleased. "Since you are all such adorable friends, I'll let you have it for 2500 yuels! Less than that would be a bit harsh on-" 

Noelle (being the queen she is) tossed her the the money along with a few extra coins without hesitation. "This is the best thing I'm probably gonna get," Noelle said as she clutched the wand close to her heart. 

"She likes it," Storge whispered to Asta. 

 "Alright, now we have everything. We shouldn't keep the others waiting!" Noelle said as they turned to Vanessa. 

Vanessa just smiled at her juniors. "Let's head home then, shall we."