Lion Phobia

"Didn't you say that you're magic is curses?" Storge asked Gordon as they prepared to go to the library in the capital. 

"posion," Gordon clarified in his usual small hushed voice as he jelled his hair back and put on his hat. "but my family works in that field." 

Storge perk up. "So why don't you ask them for help? Surely they know a thing or two that could help with Asta's arms." 

Gordon sighed. "he didn't reply to my letter" 

The atmosphere instantly became tense. 

"I see." 

"don't worry too much about it," Gordon whispered. "i left the family business anyways. they probably hate me." 

"How am I supposed to not worry about that?!" 

"OI! Let's get going," Guache called out from behind them, holding his broom with the usual irritated look on his face. "We don't have all day. I need to go and meet my dear Marie." 

"Actually, we do, Guache senpai," Storge said as she fixed her Black Bulls hood around her neck and grabbed her broom. She then looked at him with a sly, a little bit cocky, smile. "And it's not the end of the month, so you CAN'T go to visit your sister." 

Guache became all grumpy and looked away in frustration. "Then I'll bring some extra photos with me," he pouted. 

"Creep," Storge thought.

The trio left the base, hoping on their brooms and heading to the royal capital. 

They were a part of a top-secret mission (well, top secret from Asta at least). Each and every one of the Black Bulls were out looking for a way to heal Asta's arms. From potions, to remedies, to illegal magic items. Anything that could give the boy the ability to fight with his arms once more. Vanessa already left to who knows where. Noelle was distracting Asta so he wouldn't notice. Gordon, Guache, and Storge decided to give the library in the Capital a visit since it's way bigger than the library back in the base (Gordon and Storge already ransacked the library and found nothing).  

"Why do we have to go with you again?" Guache mumbled in the air. Storge gave him an irritated look. 

"You said you wanted to be helpful," Storge reminded him. 

"I could be looking somewhere else if you hadn't insisted that I come with you," Guache argued. 

Storge shrugged. "Fine... I needed someone to go to the library with me." 

Guache now seemed amused. "Why? Are you too short to reach the top shelves." 

She glared at him with a death stare. "Watch it." She warned. 

He just chuckled. 

"It's far worse than that, ya know!" Storge argued. 

"Oh? Let's hear it then." 

She let out a dejected look. "It's complicated..." 

The trio arrived in the library without any hassle. As they walked in, Gordon and Guache noticed that Storge instantly became wary of her surroundings, glancing at every single nook and cranny as they headed for the library. "What is up with the kid?" Guache murmured. Gordon walked silently with a pen and his notebook about Storge, ready to write another entry. 

"Excuse me, we're looking for books about curses," Storge said to the librarian. 

"It's on the second floor to the left." He answered, again, not looking up from his book. 

"Thank you." And that's where the trio went. 

A large stack of read books quickly accumulated where the trio sat to read. At one point, Storge just sat on top of the shelf ladder to read so that she doesn't have to up and down and up again to get another book. 

"Nothing here," Guache said, tossing a book aside. 

"Curses and Singleness: How to know that you have been cursed to be single for all eter- nope not this one." Storge said before shoving it back on the shelf and pulling out another book. "Ooh, "Curses and Battle Scars!" This could be it." She said as she began skimming through pages. 

"i'm going to go get some water," Gordon whispered, stretching his arms before getting up from his sitting position on the ground and walking outside to find a water fountain. 

"I'll go look in the medical section, it's in the direction of Mary's village," Guache said as he got up and left. "I'll be back in 5 minutes."

"Okay bye," Storge replied, not looking up from her book. 

"Ugh, nothing in here either," she groaned as she turned to put the book back in its place in the shelf. 

"Hello, my fiancée~" 

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" 

Storge slipped on the top of the ladder and fell from 3 meters above the ground. She could see a blurry figure of the most annoying boy in the world in his red and blue outfit before she closed her eyes tightly. "This is it," she said in her head as she felt her body falling faster and faster. "This is how I-" 

Her thoughts were abruptly paused as she felt herself being caught by two strong hands. She slowly opened her eyes, which went wide when she found out who caught her.  

"Yuno?"