Nii-san

"AHH!" Storge cried as she abruptly sat upright on her bed, covered in sweat and desperately gasping for air, like someone who just woke up from a nightmare. 

"Stroge!" Noelle's voice exclaimed as she got up from the chair she was sitting on and rushed to her side. "Are you alright?" 

"I saw..." Storge's head began to ache as struggled to get the words out of her mouth. 

"Was it a dream?" She mumbled to herself in panic. "No, it felt to real. Like a memory. Someone's memory. Someone named..."

She felt a hard slap on her face. "GET A GRIP!" Noelle yelled. 

"OW!" Storge cried, rubbing her slapped cheek with her palm. "WHY?" 

"YOU WERE MUMBLING LIKE A CREEP! I'M SCARED YOUR GONNA GET SEIZURES AGAIN!" 

"What?"

"She's got a point," the voice of Dr. Owen said as the door opened and he and Asta walked in. 

"STORGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" The "oh so familiar" battle cry filled the room as Asta jumped on the bed and gave his childhood buddy a hug. "PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE! STOP PASSING OUT IN THE MIDDLE OF DANGER!" 

"I can't breathe..." Storge chocked as Asta let her go. 

She took a deep breath.

"Please don't tell anyone back in Hage about this." She said. 

Asta tilted his head. "But I already did." he replied. 

"WHAT!" 

"I wrote about you in the letter I sent yesterday. It should be there by now." 

Storge looked at him confused. "Wait, yesterday? How long have I been passed out?" 

"Three days." Noelle said. "And I've been sitting here waiting for you to wake up. You should be grateful that a noble is very VERY worried about you." 

"Oh." Storge's brain was struggling to process everything. "So, the ambush in the capital was three days ago? What happened after that?" 

"Stupid bakasta got kidnapped," Noelle said. 

"Oh yeah," Storge thought as memories started to flow back in her head. "That happened." 

"Good thing the Wizard King saved him before things got worse." 

Storge's eyes widened. "The Wizard King?" 

"YEAH!" Asta said. "He was really cool. He's got this cool red cape and medals around his neck. And his time magic is amazing! Man I'm so jealous." 

Seeing Asta as his loud childish self brings a smile on Storge's face. "Well, good thing you're alright." She said. 

"Can I please check up on Miss Storge now?" Dr. Owen said, reminding everyone that he was there. 

"I demand you do it immediately!" Noelle "ordered". "Don't make me wait to long. I NEED her to practice my magic with me." 

"Yes, Miss Noelle," he obediently complied as proceeded to envelope me with his recovery magic. Storge closed her eyes and took a deep breath, letting the warm, soothing aura cover her and heal her up. 

"By the way," Storge said, still with her eyes closed. "You guys said that I had seizures when I was unconscious?" 

"Correct," Dr. Owen casually replied. "Your mana has been relapsing like crazy. It makes you very powerful in one point and leave you with a dangerously low amount of mana in the next. Since you need mana to live, having your mana relapse to such extremes could've cost you your life. Yesterday, there was not enough mana inside you to help your nervous system function properly. Hence, the seizures." 

Storge's eyes darted open and the cogs in her head began to turn. "Back in the Royal Capital," she said. "I felt I was really running low on mana. But then a new spell appeared and I was suddenly strong enough to do magic again. Is that because of the mana relapse...thing?" 

Dr. Owen nodded. "Yes. This is why unexperienced magic knights shouldn't wander around with advanced magical items." 

Storge's eyes went wide. "Magic item?"

"The silver and emerald crown." 

"MOM'S CROWN!" Storge exclaimed in her head, trying hard to keep her surprised face discreet. "The dream. It's just like the ones she saw in the market. Which means the memories are..." 

"...mom's." 

"We found it in your satchel just 10 minutes before you woke up. It was just sent away for further inspection." Dr. Owen continued. 

"THAT'S why the memories ended. They took the tiara away." She continued to bicker in her head. 

"If only we found it sooner," Noelle snickered. "You could've woken up earlier." 

"CAN I HAVE A PIECE OF PAPER AND A PEN PLEASE!" Storge exclaimed out of the blue. There was something she needed to do, and she needed to do it NOW. 

"Okay okay," Noelle panicked and pulled out a piece of paper and an ink and quill from the drawer beside the bed. 

"Asta," Storge said. "Borrow your grimoire for a sec." 

"Uh okay?" Asta said, handing her his filthy book. 

"Geez girl, your screams are almost equal to Asta's. You need to calm down," Noelle said as Storge started to hysterically fill the paper with writings. 

Dr. Owen showed little interest as Storge started to jot down the names and features of everyone she can remember from the memories. She could hear Noelle still bickering on the side and Asta doing a push ups on the floor because he doesn't know what else to do. 

"First it's Anna, my mother," Storge recited in her head as her hand wrote it down. "Then there's the butcher, the stall owner named Digory, and of course, Will..." 

Her hands stopped. "My brother, I HAVE A BROTHER!" 

"You done yet?" Noelle asked, peering over Storge's shoulder to see what she wrote. 

Storge snapped out of it. "Sorry sorry. It's just that..." 

She took a deep breath. "When I was unconscious, I saw the memories of the person who once had the tiara. I think she was my mother." 

"Your mom?" Asta asked. 

"Yeah, she was wearing the cape Father Orsi said belonged to my mom. You know which cape I'm talking about right Asta?" 

"Yeah," He answered. 

"And she has the same magic Father Orsi said she had. AND she looks like me. There's too much info for it to be a coincidence." 

"So what did you see?" Noelle asked. 

"Well," Storge hesitated a bit before answering. "I have a brother." 

"WHAAAAAAAAAAAT!?" Asta and Noelle screeched. 

The healing magic around Storge disappeared as Dr. Owen lowered his hand. "Do you remember what your brother looked like?" He asked, sounding seemingly interested. "I've met a lot of people in my lifetime. Maybe I can help you out." 

Storge nodded. "It's really hard to forget his face after you see it." 

"Hmm, how so?" Dr. Owen inquired with a relaxed yet intrigued smile in his face. 

"He has a terrible burnt like bruises covering half of his eyes up to his forehead. Like a curse of some sort."

Dr. Owen flinched. His calm smiling face became tense as he hid his clenched fist inside his pocket. 

"Have you ever seen some like that Dr. Owen?" Storge asked. "Features like that are surely hard to miss." 

"Nope," he quickly answered, his smile returning to his face. "Never, sorry."