Chapter Five

*Regina's POV*
It was 5 o'clock. I had just put the lasagna and pie in the oven. I had an hour to get dressed, set the table, make everything perfect. I walked to the dining room and made 3 place settings. I smiled at the table and walked up to my room. I changed into a tight red dress that stopped about 2 inches above my knees. It gave a good view of my cleavage from the v-neck. The sleeves were 3/4 length. I smiled and put on black leather heels. I put on waterproof mascara, in case I decide to propose tonight. I put on red lipstick that matches my dress and then I checked the time. 5:30. Dinner would be done in about fifteen minutes and Emma and Henry would be here in thirty. The ring was in my coat, hanging on the coat rack by the front door. I walked downstairs and grabbed the ring box from my coat pocket. I popped it open and smiled at the beautiful ring. Hopefully Emma would like it. I got lost in my thoughts and I was pulled out of my trance by the timer beeping. I closed the ring box and put it back in my coat pocket. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed an oven mitt, then slipped it on my hand. I turned off, then opened the oven and pulled out the lasagna. I smiled at my signature dish and set it on the kitchen island. The apple pie was done too, but I left it in the oven so it would stay warm. I got out 2 wine glasses and put them by our plates. I picked out a nice red wine and set it by one of the place settings. I smiled at my work and then jumped lightly as I heard the doorbell. I looked at the clock on the oven and sure enough, it's six o'clock. I walked to the door and opened it with a smile. I saw my 2 favorite people in the whole world smiling at me. "Come on in loves. Dinner's ready. Hen, go wash up." I said and looked at our son. He nodded and ran up the stairs. Emma smiled at me and moved her hand from behind her back, revealing a beautiful bouquet of roses. 12 red roses and one white rose in the middle of them all. I smiled. "They're beautiful." I said. She nodded. She handed me the flowers and I kissed her lightly. "I love you." She said. I smiled. "I love you too dear." I said back. "I will love you until the last flower dies." She said with a smile. I raised an eyebrow then took a closer look at the roses. The white rose was fake. I smiled. "Well, these will never die." I said and flashed my hands, putting a spell on the roses, so they would last forever. She smiled and we walked to the kitchen. I filled a vase with water and then put the roses in it. I carried them to the dining room and put them in the middle of the table. I turned around and bumped into Emma. "Well, hello there." I said with a smile as she pressed our bodies together. She smiled and wrapped her arms around my waist. "You look ravishing." She said. I smiled at the woman holding me. "I wanted to look good for the love of my life." I said and kissed her on the lips. She pulled away and I smiled. Henry came down the stairs and I smiled at him. I served the lasagna and we all sat down at the dining room table. I poured Emma and I a glass of wine and Henry had water. He smiled at us. "How was your day at school?" I asked the boy. "It was good. We made bird houses today!" Henry said. I smiled. "That sounds fun." I said. He nodded and Emma took a bite of the lasagna. "This is really good Regina." She said with a smile. I smiled back. "I'm glad dear. Is it too spicy? I added red pepper flakes. It gives it a little kick." I asked. Emma shook her head. "It's very good." She said. I smiled and the rest of dinner was spent in a comfortable silence. After we had all finished I smiled at them. "Ready for dessert?" I asked. Henry nodded and I stood up with a smile. Emma grabbed our 3 empty plates and carried them to the dishwasher for me. I smiled at her as she loaded it. "Thank you dear." I said as I got out 3 dessert plates and the pie. Emma smiled. "Of course." She said. I sliced the pie and put it on plates. Emma grabbed 2 and I carried the third. We walked back to the dining room and sat down. She handed Henry his and he smiled. She took a bite of hers and smiled. "This is so good mom!" Henry said. I smiled as I took a sip of my wine. We ate the rest of our dessert and I carried the plates to the dish washer. Henry ran in the kitchen and smiled up at me. I smiled back. "Hen, where's Emma?" I asked. He smiled. "She had to use the bathroom. I sent her upstairs." He said. I laughed and crouched down in front of him. "Henry, how would you feel if I proposed to Emma?" I asked. He smiled brightly. "Tonight?" He asked. I laughed lightly then nodded. He looked at me and smiled. "I'd love it. Then she can move in!" He said. I smiled and nodded. "It's only 7:30. We should watch a movie together and then you should take her for a walk after I go to bed, then propose and then invite her to stay here for tonight." Henry said. I smiled. "You just came up with that?" I asked. He nodded and smiled. I laughed. "That sounds great. Why don't you go pick out a movie and get it ready." I said. He smiled and ran to the family room. Emma walked down the stairs and into the kitchen. "Thanks for dinner. It was delicious. I should probably head home." She said and kissed my cheek. "No, why don't you stay for a while. Henry wants to watch a movie. Why don't you join us?" I asked. She smiled at me. "Okay." She said. I grabbed her hand and we walked to the family room. Emma and I sat on the couch and Henry plopped in between us. I smiled at the young boy. He pressed play. "What are we watching?" Emma asked. Henry smiled. "The Lego Movie." He said. Emma and I chuckled as the movie started playing. This was one of his favorite movies. The movie ended and it was 9:10. Ten minutes after Henry's bedtime. "Alright kid. Time for bed." I said and looked at him. He looked at me and raised an eyebrow. I knew what he was asking. I kissed his forehead and whispered "I'm going for it." He smiled and ran off. Emma hadn't heard what I said which was good. "Well, I guess I'll be heading out." Emma said and kissed my cheek, then stood up. I reached up and grabbed her wrist. She looked at me and I stood up. "How about I tuck Henry in, then we take a moonlit walk around the lake?" I said with a smile. She smiled at me, then said "I'd like that." I smiled. "Alright. Well, I'm going to go tuck him in. Be right back." I said and kissed her lightly. I walked up the stairs and smiled at the clicking of my heels on the hardwood stairs. I walked to Henry's room and smiled. He was in bed in his pajamas with the tv on. He was watching SpongeBob. He smiled at me as I walked in and sat on the edge of his bed. "So, you're going to do it?" He asked. I smiled and nodded. "I hope she says yes." He said. I laughed lightly. "Me too." I said. He smiled. "Goodnight Henry. We won't be too long. And if she says yes, I might let you stay home from school tomorrow to hang out with us." I said with a smile. He smiled and I kissed his forehead. "I love you mom." He said. I smiled as I turned off the light, but left a lamp on. "I love you too." I said. He smiled. "Tell Emma I love her too." He said. I nodded and walked out, then walked back down the stairs. Emma was waiting by the door. I smiled as she handed me my coat. I put it on and opened the door. Emma walked out and I followed her. She grabbed my hand and flashed me a wide smile. And here's where the nerves start acting up.