Chapter Eleven

*Regina's POV*
I sat in my throne, squeezing the arm. The vast room seemed to be closing in on me. I absolutely hated this place. Maybe, just maybe, I would receive invitation from the bubbly little princess of the White Kingdom for a tea party or a ball. Her birthday had just passed. There hadn't been a ball or even a party. Or, if there had, I wasn't invited. Which, I was hoping it was not the latter. This time. The next time I received invitation, I would go. Appearances be damned. I've ignored all the invitations for a year. Once a year simply wasn't enough. And this time, the princess will see me. The smile I held, brightened as a messenger walked in. He looked distraught. "Your majesty. I come with news from the White Kingdom." He said. I inwardly hoped it was an invitation, but by his expression, I figured it wasn't. "Proceed." I said, sounding as intimidating as I could. He looked up with sadness. "Your majesty, the young princess has...." He started and trailed off. The worst scenarios building in my mind. I raised an eyebrow. "She has been kidnapped, your majesty." He said. My heart broke. "Out. Get out. Get the hell out of my kingdom!" I shouted, taking my anger out on him. I had so much anger. Guess that's why I was dubbed the 'Evil Queen'. Before King Leopold, I was just the queen. Now, I rule my own kingdom while Snow, my friend none the less, ruled the White Kingdom. The epitome of a happy family. One that I always hoped for. My mother wanted it too. But, King Leopold (AN: not related to Snow at all in this) and I could've never had that. My kingdom was still grieving slightly at the loss of the King, but I do not. I never grieved once. Its been 4 years. Get over it people. I stood from my throne and stomped towards my chambers. "Dammit!" I shouted. I flung the door opened and slammed it promptly. I leaned against the door as a sob escaped. How could this be? The young princess is supposed to be inviting me over and having tea parties. Not being kidnapped. She's 6 years old. How is this? "Your majesty." I heard a voice say. I quickly composed myself. I opened the door and looked on at the servant. "What." I spit. "Her majesty of the White Kingdom has called for your presence immediately." She said. I raised an eyebrow. "Excuse me?" I said. She smiled weakly. "It's of utter importance, I presume." she said. I sighed. "Begone. I'll leave in an hours time. Ask my mother's presence as soon as convenient." I said. She nodded, then bowed. I closed the door and sat against my bed. My mother was the only person in this kingdom who kept me grounded. Even though I was the Evil Queen, she saw past it. Only seeing the good. Mother had dark magic coursing through her veins at one point in her life too. Caused by a different problem, but the same anger and the same vengeance was sought. After several minutes, I heard a knock on my chamber door. "Enter." I said, hoping it was mother. I was correct. As soon as the door shut, she rushed over. She quickly wrapped me in her embrace. I melted. "Mother, she's 6. This isn't fair." I said as a sob escaped. "Dear, I know. Emma will be found safe." She said. She didn't get it though. This little girl was supposed to grow up to be something more. My happy ending. My true love. But, she's gone. Mother could never understand that. She never wanted true love. Only power. When she married, she married for power, hoping my sister and I would do the same. Zelena, my sister, had escaped. She wouldn't listen to mother. She ran away, quickly being disowned. Mother was not happy, but when I took throne of my own kingdom, her anger dissipated. She took pride in me. She thought the king was wonderful until she found out what he was doing to me. She took my side, a change of heart fell over her. She no longer wanted power or magic or anything. I had him killed. It was easy. He was not the first I had killed. I killed many before him and many after him. But, now? I will never kill again. "M-mother, I have to go. Her majesty has called for me at the White Kingdom. Hopefully not another suspicion on me or anything of the sorts. I don't know if I could handle it." I said. She nodded. "I'll handle things while you're gone, unless you don't want me to." She said. I nodded. "That would be good. Thank you." I said. She nodded. I dismissed her, then took to my wardrobe. I changed from my gown, to a pair of leather riding pants, a loose riding shirt, brown riding boots and grabbed a black cloak. I took my hair down. It had been in a complicated up-do, now in a simple side braid. I quickly pulled on the cloak and left from my chambers. Even though I looked like a peasant, there was still a sense of regality. I walked down the halls, carefully slipping past servants. Everyone knew where I was going, so I don't know why I'm sneaking. As soon as I left the castle, I walked to the stables. I got one of the black stallions and hopped on him. He already had a bit and reigns in. I snapped the reigns and the stallion cantered down the trail that lead to the White Kingdom. After almost 2 hours, and the sun becoming lower in the sky, i arrived at the front of the White Kingdom. The guards wouldn't recognize me. "Halt! What peasant dare try and enter the White Kingdom at such an unbefitting hour?" The guard shouted. I was quickly ripped from my horse and he was taken. "You imbeciles. I'm the Evil Queen." I said and removed the cloak's hood. They paled and looked at me. "Your m-majesty." They said and bowed. "Cut the shit. Open the doors." I demanded and moved my hood back up. They opened the doors and I entered the brightly lit throne room. There were 3 people in front of me. Nobles or not, the stench of peasant was overwhelming. I inwardly sighed, then stood behind the last of them, leaving my hood on. After about 20 minutes, the others had been dismissed and I assumed I was the last for the night. "Who are you? What is your problem or complaint?" King David rang out. "Oh, Charming. How rude of you." I said, then removed my hood. His face paled and Snow quickly moved from her throne, to me. She wrapped her arms around me and I did the same. The warmth was comforting. "We'll find her." She whispered. I nodded and she pulled away. "Why have you chosen such interesting attire?" She asked. "I don't always dress as regally as everyone else hopes for." I said. Snow nodded. "Regina of the Dark Kingdom. I hereby forgive you of all previous suspicions or crimes." Snow said. I gasped lightly. "Your majesty... How did you know?" I asked. She smiled. "One can always tell when someone's had a change of heart." She said. A tear slid down my cheek. Emma, we will find you. I am damn sure of it.