Chapter 7

He couldn't say that it's because she wanted to see Sir Pansion Entera in front of Nesar. A stupid, and absurd response might have repercussions on him later on so Lockhurd shrugs as if it isn't a big deal. Those dark, red eyes persistently staring at him are more stinging than the autumn sun.

"Is there any acceptable reason? I guess maybe she was curious about how I train. As you can see, I don't think I can take care of her because I have to attend the meeting. You're still her fiancé, right? Please?"

He doesn't hear the answer because he turns around to pursue Pansion. He pledges that he'll remind Kate to act more careful.

.

.

I almost fell in love at first sight.

That sentiment dominates my mind when I return to the drawing room. I look down at the vase in my arms and the gypsophila blooming like a peacock's feathers.

He was a tall man. It was obvious that he's a knight, but the atmosphere was calm as if he was a priest in a temple. It's the first time since Nesar that such an afterimage remained in my memory for awhile. Did the aftermath of remembering a past life change the way I look at the world through my eyes? Other than that, there's still no presence that feel as trembling as Nesar's appearance.

I put the vase on the table and head back to the window. I have only been away for a bit, but the training ground has emptied, leaving only a sand breeze.

...What should I do now? Do I really have to wait for Lockhurd to finished his day's schedule without anything to do? Am I the only one here?

I get up from my chair and walk near the door. In order to seduce a busy girl, I have to learn the etiquette of a tea party, so there's no time to waste in such a place. Since it's too late to meet Sir Pansion, I have to aim for the next opportunity. Of course, during the time training is opened!

I push both the heavy, massive, and thick doors using my whole body and all of my passion and sincerity, but the wooden door suddenly opens too quick. My body loses its center of gravity and falls forward. Something warm hastily grabs onto my arm. I fall into the arms of someone I don't know and lands with my nose to his clothes. The smell of sun-soaked soil and sweat fill the air.

"Ah... I'm sorry."

I can't believe the knights Lockhurd trains with show this kind of behavior. I bend my head toward a man who seems to be a member of the 2nd Knights Division. No, I try to bend my head but no matter how much I try to remove myself from him, his strength overpowers me.

"Hey, can you please let me go?"

What is this situation now? Why am I held by a man who doesn't know who I am?

"Excuse me."

Even if it's a force engagement, I have a young, competent, and handsome fiancé. Even if my situation is a strange because I'm searching a lover for my fiance! Even if I have to use a lover to break my engagement! Still, I only have Nesar!

"Can't you hear me? Even if I may look young, but I have a fiancé. That means that I'm not the type of person you should touch with your hand."

"... ... That's quite useful to know."

It's a voice I know. I lift my head that has been stuck in the man's arms. I could see his dark eyes behind the long eyelashes. Like a prince, he has rosy cheeks, a straight nose without any curves, and a sharp jawline, all of these are Nesar's features unless my eyes are wrong.