Chapter 10

I intentionally strike the maid's cheek

I intentionally strike the maid's cheek. I can feel Karen's shoulder flinching as she stands next to me. However, I don't mind it because I'm putting the maid in her place.

"Who are you screaming at? Can't you close your mouth right now? If you scream one more time, I'll call the head maid. Understand?"

The maid bites her lips, heeding my warning, which has worked well enough. She isn't biting her lips hard enough like Karen. She might try again in the future.

Slap!

"This sin is your arrogance toward me."

Slap!

"This sin is for daring to deceive the Crown Prince."

Slap!

"This is for Karen... ... ."

"What is this?!"

"... ... It is a crime of contempt."

I slowly take my hand away when I hear a sharp, female voice on the other side. The maid, who was hit hard by me, trembles as she covers her cheeks with both hands. I could have been sympathetic to her shabby appearance and small size, but I don't feel sorry for her at all. Rather, it's regrettable that I could not deliver the fifth time. It's overwhelming to imagine how viciously she has been harassing Karen so far.

"This, what the hell is this...?"

An old woman with wrinkles on her face jumps into the middle of the chrysanthemum flower garden. The black lace distinguishes her position from other maids. If my predictions aren't wrong, the woman should be the head maid at Entera Castle.

Was the slap that loud? Well, I did put all my emotions into it and hit her. Therefore, the sound couldn't have been that quiet. I then explain the current situation very kindly to the maid who appeared late.

"That crazy maid tried to assassinate me."

With that said, I point my finger to the maid. Since the rotten water has made me lose my mind, I consider it an assassination.

The maid, who wakes up like she's just come out of a seizure, runs to the head maid and not me this time. Then she shouts, curling her head on her shiny, leather shoes.

"Ah, ah, no. Well, I've never done that! I swear that I've never done that, uh, no, ma'am!"

"Are you saying that I lied?"

At my words, the maid puts her nose in the ground. It seems that she doesn't want to make eye contact with me or shows her face.

"I don't know where the lie is. I almost died because my esophagus was clogged, trying to pass this rotten water through. What is that if not an assassination?"

As I wave the teacup on the table and speak, the maid with her nose in the ground trembles this time. I wanted to yell for her to get up right away, but I close my eyes and endure it once for Karen, who's panicking behind me.