Chapter 1

My name is Katrina Egelot.

I'm the youngest daughter of the Earl of Egelot from an island, northeast of the Caval Empire.

I'm a 15-year-old young lady who is known to be a wild child.

"Ron."

"Yes, your highness."

"Take out the vows."

I expect some people to freak out and show their displeasure the moment they hear my name. What's certain is that none of those who has heard my name would respond positively.

I'm rumored to lack grace, unrefined, and a troublemaker that does whatever she wants.

"Your majesty's seal?"

"I got it."

"A fountain pen."

"Here you are."

My nicknames among the nobles vary, something like a blind and unruly young miss to the absurd girlhood of Egelot.

I don't have the confidence to confront those who ridicules me behind my back. However, there's not a single thing wrong about what they said. I can see how I come across as a spoiled child that couldn't get over herself.

"Give one to Kate, too."

"Yes, Lady Katrina? Here's your fountain pen."

There's a good reason for my confessions. It isn't because I got caught doing bad things and now, have to write a letter of apology or because I'm determined to become a new person by looking back on my past misdeeds.

"Lady Katrina?"

It's unbelievable, but I just remember my past life that I have forgotten for the past 15 years in the middle of an engagement pledge with Crown Prince Nesar!

"Hey, Kate. What the hell are you thinking about?"

My shoulders shake, startled by his sudden voice. I raise my head to see Nesar, who sits opposite me in the drawing room, looking at me with a chilly smile.

"You've brought me your engagement pledge. You also cried and clung to me. You're not protesting now because I didn't prepare a bunch of flowers, are you?"

Nesar's voice, accompanied by a sigh, is colder and harder than the frozen snow in the middle of winter.

I quickly shake my head and grab the fountain pen from Ron.

If I sign on the bottom of this parchment, I will be engaged to Nesar, who I have been longing for.

The engagement happened through a lot tears, a lack of pride and a lot of begging.

"Don't lose your mind and sign quickly. You know that I'm not patient."

Nesar says surly, but my hands turn stiffed, and I couldn't move.

In my previous life, I was a 17-year-old high school girl, but I couldn't remember clearly how I have lost my life.

What's certain is that I was not the person of this world in my previous life.

The fact that I was a high school girl who died early in life is not a big problem since I got to be reborn as the youngest daughter of a noble family. I have everything that I would want to eat or wear.

Yes, the real problem isn't that I was born again, but—

"Kate, can I have your signature?"

It's that the Crown Prince Nesar will be engaged to me yet he doesn't like me.