Chapter 16

After several days of searching, there was a good reason that Katrina Egelot was not treated as a person in the castle. First of all, this little devil didn't know how to stand still. On days when she had to stay in the room and take a quiet rest, she tried to go outside by scratching on the door. Sawdust lodged under her nails as she bled, so it was a lot of work for the poor maid who opened the door.

Did that mean that she was calmer if she was let out? That wasn't true either. Katrina was very clumsy in dealing with people who were not friendly to her. If someone spoke in a nervous tone, she was busy breaking things in her surrounding.

In the garden, she picked flowers, and in the stables, she was eager to graze horses. In the hall, she was more eager than anyone to break the decorations such as vases and candlesticks.

The mentality of an eight-year-old girl was in a category that Nesar could not understand.

"Innocent maids suffer because of you. If you want to get people's attention, you have to instill a positive impression first. Who would like you if you make such a mess?"

At Nesar's bruising words, Katrina opened her mouth with a sulky expression.

"If you stay quiet, you'll end up being quiet. In the past, I couldn't even go outside the castle at night. Now, I do what I want to do."

Very unruly.

Sitting on Katrina's bed, he took the plate from her hand. She said that she would do whatever he asked, yet there was still a bunch of colorful paprika left on the white plate.

"It's like this again. Don't be picky. Eat everything."

Nesar, who had diced the remaining vegetables with a fork, put them into Katrina's mouth. The maids' gossip was not scary, unlike the paprika. Her complexion turned pale.

"I hate it."

"If you leave it, I won't come anymore. We don't have enough time to deal with this in the first place."

In fact, there was a lot leftover. Seeing her biting her lips, almost near tears, he gave her a firm look. Her red, swollen lips loosened. Perhaps because it was a habit of hers to bite down on her lips, both her upper lip and the lower lip were covered with blood.

"I will only say this two more times. Eat quickly."

"No!"

"Come on."

"I don't like it. Why do I have to force myself to eat it? It's not like I'm going to die because I didn't eat one of these grasses."

"I don't like picky eaters. If you only want to eat what you want, you should find a friend who doesn't care if you're picky and play with them. Is that all you want?"

"What kind of logic is that?!"

While yelling, she barely opened her mouth and put the paprika in. With a hand over her mouth, she swallowed paprika after a deep breath. It was not a small amount, but it went down well.

"Aren't there people like me in the Imperial Palace?"

"No. I wish you could see some of them. Of the people I know, you are the unruliest, Katrina."

(T/N: she's also like 8 bruh)

"Really? Wait, Eden said that there are plenty of kids like me in the social circle at the Imperial Palace..."

"I'm telling you no. Your brother makes a lot of jokes."

She cleaned her vegetables and left behind only the grease. If eating paprika was the goal, she was happy to say that she had reached it.

"Since you listened well today, I'll take you outside. However, there are conditions."

"Why do you keep putting on conditions? You were the one who offered to play with me!"

"One, don't fall more than five steps behind me. Two, don't do anything that I told you not to do. Three, don't do anything."

"Why don't you just tell me not to breathe?"

Katrina, who was grinding her teeth, got up from the bed and pushed Nesar's back.

"I'm going to wash up and prepare. Go out and wait!"

After being kicked out, Nesar went down the stairs and headed to the indoor racetrack. On the day when the snow fell like crazy, the horse became unbridled and ran up the hill. He wasn't sure what it felt like riding a horse indoors till the sunset. It was all Lockhurd did.

After a few minutes sitting there watching, Lockhurd recognized him and slowly climbed down the stairs.

"What with this all of a sudden? You haven't even shown your face these days. Is it so fun to play with Kate?"

"It is more rewarding and more substantial than playing with you."

"What's rewarding about it? Did you get a job as a tutor?"

"Similar, but a little different. You don't care about what Katrina is doing, so why are you so curious about it?"

Lockhurd, sitting in the front seat, looked calm without a drop of sweat. Even at Nesar's cold words, his neatly styled hair was still intact. Leaning back on his chair, he stretched his legs comfortably and looked up at Nesar.

"If I'm not interested, why would I ask? It's amazing that she gets along very well with you. When I tried doing something with her, she'd bare her teeth and claws like a wolf cub."

Looking away from the empty racetrack, Nesar stared at Lockhurd.

"You're an idiot."

"Oh, so why don't you give some advice to this idiot then?"

Advice. Nesar, who had been contemplating for a while, soon came up with a 100-point answer sheet.

"Be handsome. Be kind. Be smart."

"Hmm, that's a joke, right?"

"If you're going to keep bullshitting, go back and continue riding the horse."

At Nesar's cold voice, Lockhurd collapsed on the seat and held onto his heart.

"Telling me to get lost already? Aren't you being too heartless?"

"I came here to watch you ride a horse, not just to watch you."

Shaking his head, Lockhurd got up and headed back to the racetrack. Unlike when he first came over, he seemed like he was lost in thoughts.