Chapter 15

Suddenly, Ezaret, his sister, came to mind. Her pale face as he tried to talk to him in the vast Imperial Palace. She was hard to approach as Ezaret, like Katrina, had her walls up as well. He didn't have the opportunity to get close to her except maybe when giving his greetings once in a while through the Queen. Despite seeming like polar opposites, Ezaret and Katrina had a similar atmosphere.

Late afternoon that day, the snow fell into a lull, and the sky could be seen. Nesar dropped off the assignment and walked slowly back to his bedroom. At the end of a long corridor covered by fog, someone closed the door from a room not far away.

Quiet steps and large frame. Before long, the young man's gaze also turned to Nesar. Of the three brothers, Eden Egelot was the only one with short platinum hair. Nesar thought he would open his mouth, but Eden bowed his head without saying anything and disappeared past him.

He felt it recently, but the brothers and sisters in this family have different personalities as if they were born in different ships. Among them, Lockhurd and Eden, in particular, felt like the furthest apart in terms of personalities.

Suddenly his feet reached the front of Eden's room. The maid, who closed the door and turned around, gently bowed her back toward Nesar.

"Hello, Your Majesty. Did you come to visit Lady Kate?"

Nesar shut his mouth at her unexpected words. The room where Eden Egelot came out of was his sister's room. He thought she had a bad relationship with her brothers, but Eden might be an exception. When there was no answer, the maid continued.

"My lady has just fallen asleep."

It turned out that she was a maid who came out in a hurry when Kate was burning the bear. Remembering that scene and who was there, it seemed that she was mistaking him as Kate's visitor.

Nesar, who was worried for a moment, opened his mouth.

"Then, I'll just look at her sleeping face and come out. I was worried all yesterday. This was also a request from Lockhurd."

At those words, the maid looked confused.

"You mean Master Lockhurd? That can't be true..."

Of course, it was a lie. She was paid the most, so she was also quick-witted too. However, a maid couldn't disobey a crown prince's order. Nezar turned his back on the maid and quietly opened the door.

Katrina's bedroom had a larger window than the other rooms. It was as if they were letting sunlight in for an animal they kept and raised.

As Eden did, Nesar moved silently and stood in front of the bed. Katrina was asleep like a corpse.

"Daisy? What do you think? Is Eden gone?"

Soon after, her lips moved slightly.

"But, why did you come back in? I'm feeling well now. You stayed up all night. Go quickly and sleep, idiot."

"I am not Daisy."

Katrina's eyes widened. The eyes that were spinning like the second hand of a clock pointed to Nesar, and the body that had been buried under the blanket jumped up.

"An intruder!"

"Intruder? It's not usually a word for this kind of situation. If you must, please call me a visitor."

"D—Daisy! Daisy!"

Even though Nesar responded with a calm voice, Katrina was busily jumping on the bed and screaming. His eardrums were about to burst so he didn't have to worry about the condition of her body. Nesar grabbed his forehead and sighed deeply.

"Can you be this loud while saying you're sick? If you don't want to be sicker, lie down and get under the covers. Don't worry about the people around you if you're sick."

Surprisingly, Katrina stopped her behavior at his words. As she looked at Nesar, blinking her eyes, she slowly leaned over and placed her legs under the blanket.

I didn't know what she was thinking, but it took only 30 seconds or so before she laid back down on the pillow.
Was she the same person as yesterday? It was ridiculous, staring at her pale face. Katrina then said in a quiet voice.

"You said you were Lockhurd's friend."

"Yes."

"But why are you coming to visit me?"

Seeing that she was so calm, he wondered if she had a split personality. He felt strange, as if he was discovering something. Like yesterday, Nesar was ready to hear her rant or even get a punch from her.

"Can't Lockhurd's friend come to visit you?"

"Not that.... Lockhurd rarely comes to see me when I'm sick."

"Why?"

"Every time he comes, he keeps making me annoyed, so I kick him out."

"How do you drive him out?"

"Screaming or biting his shoulder. But he is awful! He screams and runs away. If I bite hard, he won't look for me until it's more than 2 days. Since he's forced to, what does he want me to do? Who told him to come and visit me with disgust?!"

Since Lockhurd and his youngest sister were four years apart, Katrina was now eight years old. No matter how much he thought about it, Katrina was very hostile, not befitting her age. When he heard Lockhurd's name, it seemed that Katrina cared even if she didn't think so at all.

Did they have problems communicating? It seemed that the exchange between the two wasn't very small, but it couldn't be said that there was much either.

"You hate Lockhurd so much?"

"Yes, uh... no."

"Are you saying yes or no?"

"I don't know exactly what it means to dislike. Does it mean my face wrinkled when I make eye contact?"

Sometimes it was good to be quiet, but he didn't think they knew how to communicate well. The way she spoke was similar to Lockhurd. Nesar fixed his gaze on Katrina's loose platinum locks and replied calmly as if he was dealing with a child.

"Who is doing that to you?"

"All the servants and maids are like that. Tanya and Jason, Mrs. Morcada and...."

In an instant, Nesar realized that this subject was not very pleasant to Katrina. He had to say something else. He gently untangled Katrina's hair, which had become a mess during their conversation.

Somehow, Ezaret kept coming up in my mind and I felt like I couldn't let go.

"You were hoping to put makeup on the teddy bear yesterday, but I think you should give up. Did you not mean to bring it? You left it behind yesterday."

(T/N: She wanted to make the bear look nice for burial purposes because generally, when someone passes, you fix them up.)

"The teddy bear?"

Katrina looked troubled for a while. Then she shook her head.

"Ah, that? I do not care because I was trying to get attention. Look, can you see this?"

Katrina flipped her skirt and showed him her calf. Nesar looked down without thinking much about it because she was a child. No, it was more appropriate to obey Katrina's words without thinking about it.

The act of trying to get attention. Far from being insufficient, she was sly like a fox.

That thought soon disappeared without a trace as soon as he saw Katrina's red, swollen calf.

"Originally, my mother was the one who never touched my hand no matter what I did. But this time... I think that I acted too much. I got a fever because my legs were sore."

"I guess the interest that you mentioned is coming around."

Katrina raised her leg and hid under the blanket again. The pale pink sky flows down through the window, coloring the platinum hair red. Her long hair covered her eyes, and it seemed distorted at first glance.

"Ahaha, that can't be! I don't like being sick either. If I get stuck in a room because I'm sick, no one will come to me."

Oh, that was it. This was the reason Ezaret came to mind every time I dealt with Katrina.

Ezaret was a slender doll that sat in the hands of the Empress, and she was always struggling, fighting for attention with Nesar, her half-brother. To keep her skin white like snow, she always stayed indoors and only had proper conversations with her mother or her escort knight. The Empress always discussed how to become a beautiful woman every time she spoke, so her days must have been boring, frustrated, and depressing.

However, Nesar had no kindness for her. This was so because he did not need to fan the Empress's interest for him.

"What do you want to do?"

However, the situation at Egelot was a little different. He was getting bored of sticking only to tasks. That said, he didn't want to run around in the snow in such odd weather.

"There is nothing."

"If you can't think of it, make it up. I'll play with you for my remaining four days in Egelot."

"Why?"

Katrina, who asked a lot of questions, had a dumbfounded expression.

"There is no reason. Well, if you don't like it, you can refuse."

Katrina shook her head in a hurry. Slipping barefooted out of bed, she came close to Nesar and grabbed his hands with a big smile that has never been seen.

"I don't hate it at all! I think it was good to be scolded by my mother!"

.

.

.

.

T/N: I think one thing the story does really well is they really show how siblings relationship are. I mean, I don't have one but I imagine you'd want to kill each other when you're young and find each other annoying Lol.

Also I say this time and time again, but Nesar is sprung. Amazingly, he's written very mature unless he's around Lockhurd or Katrina.