Chapter 2

Remembering my past life does not change my identity.

I'm still Katrina Egelot, who loathes paprika on my plate and is afraid to sleep alone every late night. I still draw graffiti at the end of my book during every Soyang education class. The ladies in waiting, who come into my room waiting for me to take a bath, still deal with me like I'm a wild cat.

One thing has changed is that I've matured and no longer acted like a child.

Have I finally developed my personality? Even when I looked at the head maid next to the sofa, I don't have a burning desire for violence or speak with a devilish tongue.

It's a change that made me realize how much of a wild, spoiled child I've been since now.

Every day, the count's castle has become very peaceful just because I have become calmer.

The same is true of the employees. Most of the comments are about how the atmosphere around my room, which was always like walking on a thorny path, has turned as elegant as the smell of Magnolia.

However, not everyone in the castle responds like that. In particular, my brothers who live in the same house as me have become four times louder than usual like they thought I've caught something.

"Did you finally eat something wrong, Kate?"

"Rick, be careful of your words in front of mother."

His mouth clamps up at Eden's words.

You've been picking on me since yesterday.

I avoid Eden's eye and stick my tongue out. Rick's eyes widen as he chews a mouthful of salad.

What's your glare going to do?

I then stick out my tongue one more time.

"Kate."

As if he has eyes on the back of his head, Eden scolds me in a stern voice. Perhaps because of his sense of duty for being the first born, Eden's stricter than usual while father's away from the castle.

If it was me from two days ago, I'd say, 'Why are you telling me what to do? Don't give me orders when you're not even my father.'

Now that I'm a newly born Katrina, I don't have to act like a lady without any manners.

With that sense in mind, I smile brightly at Eden, keeping up the image of what a count daughter should be. "Sorry, brother. It's because Rick keeps making fun of me. From now on, I'll just eat quietly."

As soon as I finished speaking, I gently slice the calf steak and put it into my mouth. I don't know it's a mistake or not, but Eden's expression, which was composed a minute ago, slightly trembles.

For the next few minutes, only the sound of a clashing of dishes continues.

A small sigh comes from the seat just across from me, who sits there and eats my meals with such perfect etiquette that a governess would cry over. I recognize whose voice it's without raising my head.

It's the second son, Lockhud Egelot.

"Hey, tomboy. What the hell happened to you? Because of you, I am choking on my meat. Is it because if you don't stop acting like a man, then Nesar would break off your engagement?"

"Yeah, that's exactly what I wanted to say."

Rick adds as if he's been waiting for Lockhurd to say something.

"You don't know how hard it is to see you walk through the hall with gentle steps. Did you fall out of bed and hit your head the day Nesar came? I spent the whole night thinking about what I did wrong because of you."