It'll be a game

Dream's POV:

I was sitting with George while watching the sun come up. I could hear him breathing, which was oddly calming. Everything in the moment was perfect, which almost made me laugh. I've spent the past few years missing something and now that this weirdo meets me in person I kind of feel like it's all here again. I hate how he makes life feel like that. It's uneasy like I don't have control over anything. Now that I've dipped my toes in I'm scared one day I'll trip and fall right in.

We'd been talking all morning about how lonely George feels. I feel bad for him honestly, it's hard feeling like the only good thing in your life is out of reach, like nothings there but a cold bed and an empty spare room. 

After my brain trailed off I snapped back to reality when my phone started ringing. "Oh sorry, one sec," I stepped away and answered the call. "Hey, Clay speaking," I heard weird, quick breathing on the other line. "Hello?" I asked. "Clay, I miss you. Come back to me," I rolled my eyes. It's my ex-girlfriend...again. I've been getting weird ass calls from her all fucking week. Some were really weird...and gross and made me uncomfy to the max. I blocked her, how is she even calling me? "I thought I blocked you," I said in an irritated voice. "Yeah, but I found another phone," I groaned. "I want to come and see you, baby. If you don't come to see me I'll sneak into your house at night and visit you myself," I got a gross feeling. 

*Disclaimer: This isn't about his real ex-girlfriend just someone I made up for the story.

Nick doesn't know how obsessive she's been lately, no way was I going to tell him she called me in the middle of the night while moaning my name. That's just weird as hell, I myself didn't even like carrying that weird memory in my head, I'm not going to tell anyone else. "Look you have to leave me alone." I hung up the phone and walked back over to George in a panic. "What?" he asked, clearly seeing my distress. 

I debated telling him, but then I got probably the dumbest idea I've ever thought of. 

"George. Can you do me probably the biggest favor ever?" I looked over at him and watched his expression change to a confused one. "Depends on the favor," he replied. "Fake date me." His eyes went wide. "What?!" I half-smiled. "My ex-girlfriend is being a weirdo and I need her to get off my back. She's like a psycho and if she thinks I have a boyfriend she'll get the hint and leave me alone," I told him. He laughed. "Oh yeah? And what do I get out of this?" He asked and turned to face me. "That's a good question...we'll just post a couple of pictures on a private story with only her on it or something," I explained.

"I'll help you, but, what if we pretended to date, like not just for her, for everyone. It'll be a game, whoever falls in love first loses," I went red and looked away. Oh my god. "Okay, deal, move into our house then," I smirked and looked over at him. "No way, I can't do that," he started. "We can fake date for four months, and you can move in. If neither of us falls in love then we'll just pretend to break up and you can move out if you want, but if we do fall in love, whoever does first has to do something special for the other," He told me. I chuckled. "Deal. We should have a safe word. Something we say as soon as we knew we're in love, like uhh...peacock!" I laughed, "why peacock?" 

"Because, it's blue and green, both of our favorite colors." He smiled up at me and I felt my face get hot. "Perfect," I said after a while.

"We should make a contract, and sign it so it's legit and stuff," He suggested, so we walked to my car to get paper and a pen. I started writing down all the stuff we talked about and a few rules George wanted like, "no kissing" and stuff. I teased him for that one, it's not like I wanted to kiss him anyway...

George's POV:

What the actual fuck. I guess I'm fake dating Dream now?

"Okay, we have to make this official. George, will you be my fake boyfriend?" I snickered, "it would be an honor," I said in a fancy voice. We both signed the paper then he folded it up and put it in his pocket. I put my seatbelt on while laughing awkwardly. Obviously, he only asked because he needed his ex to back off, but why did I suggest this? It's so stupid, fake dating, such a cliche, but somehow I was happy when he agreed to. I kind of just said the idea as soon as it entered my brain. It should be fun.

~Time skip~

By the time we got home, it was about 9 in the morning, so we got ready to tell the guys that we were in a relationship, and headed inside. "I'm literally so fucking tired," Dream muttered once we got inside. I chuckled and yawned. "Me too," we walked into the kitchen and grabbed something quick to eat, then he showed me to his room. "We don't have an extra so, yeah," I nodded awkwardly while staring at the room which only had one full bed. "Sick," 

I laid my bags down on the floor next to his bed and looked up at him. "I should shower but I really need a nap," I mumbled and lied down on the bed, suddenly really tired. He laid down next to me and we covered ourselves with the blanket. I was still wearing his hoodie which smelt like cheap cologne and strawberries. His leg brushed against mine and I scooted over slightly to give him room. 

"Goodnight Gogy," he mumbled and turned with his back facing mine. "Night Dream," I said back.

A/N: I told myself I was going to go to bed but now it's 3 in the morning and my ass is still awake. It's all good though we're vibing.