Friend & Foe

Tony

Hi

Holy shit. What the hell should I say now? Maybe I should wait a while before replying, so I don't seem desperate. Lilith Diana you aren't flirting with him.You need to get information. Pull yourself together!

Lilith

Care to explain what this is?

Good. I needed to sound commanding and assertive.

Tony

All I know is that this was downloaded on my phone after I finished the first hint.

He hadn't given up his phone? Either he was selfish and really couldn't give up his phone or maybe he wasn't a 'house leader.' No, if I was sure about anything it was that this group chat is for leaders only.  

So all the houses had hints? Were they giving everyone the same hints? Were all the houses built the same? Did they all have the same rules? A beep brought me back from my thoughts.

Tony

I'm guessing you finished your first hint as well. 

He was trying to get answers out of me. I applaud the approach but right I needed answers first. For all I knew, he could be working undercover with them.

Lilith

Yes. Does your house have a study?

Honestly I never liked beating around the bush. I needed to decode the symbols.

Tony

You want to know if I have the Symbol's book?

Guess I could have been more subtle. 

Lilith

The pages I need are missing.

Tony

Me too. How about a trade? I send you pictures of the symbols you need, and you do the same for me.

It was an honest and simple deal. Except for the fact that this damn tablet doesn't have a camera. Then I noticed the small icon on the top right corner

Lilith

How about phone calls?

30 minutes every tuesday, thursday, and saturday.

He went silent for a while. I started to panic thinking I messed everything up until  he replied-

Tony

Why?

Lilith

I don't trust you and I'm sure the feeling is mutual. This way would be easier to help each other without wondering if the other person is being dishonest.

Tony

How would I know if you're lying to me?

Lilith

You wouldn't but the same goes for me. We could both lie but who would that help? Also knowing you're not a robot would make this easier.

Silence again. I wasn't backing down on this. 

Tony

See you tuesday.