Hand Me the Tony

Monday flew by. Haniel and I didn't really get a chance to talk, so I couldn't tell him about the key which by the way I still have no clue what the rules are for using it. But in my book that means that there aren't any rules. I just never had time to investigate since:

1. I've been spending most of my time checking up on Dani

2. Julie has been drilling me with questions about the hints, symbol book, and tablet.

3. I keep annoying Ribera about me catching him in Dani's room even though his response was "I felt bad because I thought I actually gave her rabies."

3. I maybe kind of want Haniel to be there with me.

Which brings me back to reason two. Today was Tuesday which meant that Tony and I were going to have a little talk. I texted him yesterday asking if three was a good time. He said it was okay and I've been glaring at the clock ever since. It was currently 8 am and I was at the gym adjusting my boxing bands. Haniel walks in without saying a word. I don't know what's going on between us. I don't even know if we're fighting. There was no time to dwell on it; I had bigger things to worry about. He gives me a look that I can't decipher. It was a mixture of confusion, anger, and-

My thoughts are interrupted when Noah walks in. "Hey guys" he gives Haniel and me a warm smile. He truly is a human puppy. He stretches in an exaggerating manner. He notices my bands and gloves and gives me puppy eyes. I shake my head "no way."

"Please Lil" he pleads "I promise this time I won't punch myself in the nose."

I sigh "fine." I throw him the extra pair of bands. Haniel's pair. "Wear these." 

I look over at Haniel and he just stares at me coolly before heading to the treadmill. When I refocus on Noah, I see that he somehow managed to tangle the bands. He smiles apologetically and I scoff before wrapping the band for him. I spend the next 30 minutes teaching Noah the proper stance and defense mechanisms. He actually didn't make me want to punch him in the throat. He still sucked, lacked coordination, and almost slipped a few dozen times, but he served a good hit, so there was hope. 

"I think that's enough for today" he pants while kneeling down on the floor. 

I nod "make sure you stretch before you shower." He gives me a thumbs up, clearly too out of breath to talk.

Once he leaves, I notice Haniel lifting weights. I can't tell if I feel butterflies in my stomach or if it's just my muscles contracting. I go with the latter. 

"If you stare at me longer, I'll turn into stone" he returns the bar and sits up right.

I scoff "you'd make a good statue."

We fall into an awkward silence so I decide to leave. I give him one last look, and he stares back at me his face expressionless, but I glimpse at the water bottle he's choking. What is wrong with you Lilith? Just talk to him! But I can't bring myself to do so. I walk into our room and head to the bathroom. When I'm done, I leave and see him slumped on the wall with his eyes closed. His nose is wrinkled which makes his tiny freckles look oval. His hair is a ginger-blonde mess. I quickly hide my smile when he opens his eyes. He walks into the bathroom and shuts the door, completely ignoring me. 

»»——⍟——««

"We need to talk about the key pumpkin" Rye keeps pestering me while I try to eat my banana in peace.

"Rye I really don't want to do this right now. I have too much on my plate." I walk past her and head to the living room. She tries to follow me but retreats when she sees Julie coming down the stairs.