In Friends We Trust

I try to stop my hands from shaking and slowly walk towards Dani "You have every right to be-"

She drops the book and hugs the air out of my lungs "Why didn't you tell me!" I can feel her chest shake. Is she crying? I pull back and stare at her teary eyes "huh?" Before I know it she starts whacking my chest "you always make yourself suffer in silence. When are you going to realize that there are people for you to boss around?"

I start laughing like a lunatic, probably out of relief. It's like I finally shushed down the voice in my head that keeps whispering 'People want to leave you. They just need a good reason.'
I wrap my arms around her and rest my chin on her head. Dani's 4'11 so her attempts to 'bitch slap' me turned into her hitting my chin. Julie just looks at us in amusement before joining us in our hysterics. Once we've all sobered up, I pull back with a serious expression. "Julie" she looks at me with intrigue "make a schedule."

Dani's eyes widen "NO!"

Let me explain. You know those YouTube DIY videos where they show you how to be organized and make it look 'quirky?' Well, what they don't tell you is that if you showed these videos to a middle school girl who's parents own a craft shop, there'll be severe and permanent consequences. If Julie was deserted in an island, she'd find her way home in a bedazzled rowboat. When it was game season, she orchestrated each team member's schedule voluntarily after helping Noah with his. Soon enough, she was the team's manager.

Julie goes into full work mode. I don't know where she found A3 paper, scissors and glue. I think it found her. She takes everything off the desk and turns it into her work station. Dani and I decide it's best not to interfere so we go to the corner and work through the symbols book.
Dani reads through the book "The one who represents the falcon is known for his physical and mental speed, strong eyesight, and...smart mouth?" She pulls a confused face as I write down on my notebook.

"I have a feeling it's Tony's" I tap the pen on my chin. "He picks up on every word I say. Honestly it's impressive." Dani raises an eyebrow "Maybe I should have a talk with Tony. See if he can pick up what I'm putting down." She wiggles her eyebrows. I hit her with my notebook. "Ow haven't you done enough" she gives me fake puppy dog eyes.

"Clearly not" I raise my notebook threateningly.

"I wonder what mine means." She gently brushes where her lamb tattoo is.

I place a hand on her knee "We'll know soon enough." I look back at Julie "Do you think Julie's tattoo has to do with her crafting skills?"
Dani chuckles "could be."
"Let's get back to work" I tap my notebook. She nods in agreement and we dive back in.

»»——⍟——««

"Done!" Julie announces holding up the piece of paper. Dani and I were almost done with the symbols book, and we gape at her. All she had to work with was a big piece of paper, scissors, glue, and black and blue pens. How'd she manage to make it look detailed and actually aesthetically pleasing? "So" Julie beams at us "what do you guys think?"

Dani holds an imaginary microphone "On this episode of my strange addiction-"

"Ignore her" I interrupt. "You" I approach Julie "are amazing!" I fly up behind her lift her up from her waist. She yelps "put me down before it wrinkles!"

I place her back on safe ground "my bad." She slowly lays the sheet in front of us "okay so I know Lilith and Haniel love having investigation dates" she smirks at me then looks down at the paper "so you guys can keep doing that. In the meantime Dani and Ribera will work through the books."

"Why do I have to work with Ribera?" The disgust in her expression was priceless.

"Well one, you and Ribera are the fastest readers here-" she holds a finger up "and two, the more you and Ribera work together the less time you'll spend together in the future." Julie wiggles a second finger. Dani lets out an annoyed breath, and a try my best to suppress a smirk. I was a little nervous about dealing with Haniel, but for now, I needed to deal with Rye. "How about we go through the rest with everyone else before dinner? I need to talk to Rye."