Phone 2

"This makes no sense!" Julie yells out in frustration. Noah rubs her shoulder for comfort.
In the midst of all the madness, I remember something and face Haniel. "What did you mean by 3605 and two faced?"

"Rye had a two-faced masked tatted on the back of her neck and the number on her wrist. I saw it when I was standing next to her. Could be something or nothing who knows."

"I thought you liked it here and didn't want to leave."

"I have someone I care about out there. Since she's sixteen I'm guessing they probably got her too." The only thing that they can't do on their phones is call someone but other people can call them. He throws his phone to the side in frustration. It was incredible how his face showed no emotions whatsoever, but behind that monotonous tone, there's a surge of suppressed feelings. I relate to that. I don't really care who he's referring to, I just like to know more about people if they don't bore me to death. I  stare at him, not in a creepy 'I like watching you sleep' way, but analyzing him. He clearly has layers. Kinda like how Shrek said he has layers like an onion. I'm not going to pry though. Who am I kidding? I'm going to pry.

Our staring contest is interrupted by the ceiling. "Good evening all, I hope you enjoyed the little reunion with your families. As they may have mentioned, phone calls are only 20 minutes per week and your actions will be broadcasted whenever I am addressing you. Your cleansing process will begin as soon as you are able to break through your first hint. Have a blessed day."

I glance down at the envelope. This is starting to feel like a Saw movie. My hands are slightly shaking, but I keep a nonchalant composure. Weird whirring sounds come from the kitchen and when we head there we see Rye. Same clothes, hair, eyes, and that smile.

"Where were you and how'd you get here?" I approach her.

"Oh darlin. I was just getting some things for lunch." She beams at me. I glance down at her wrist and see the numbers except now they're 3501. I look over at Haniel and when he sees it he furrows his eybrows in confusion. She still had the two-faced mask tattoo on her neck.

"Now yall go relax while I take care of things." She waves her hand.

I whisper to Haniel. "I thought you said the numbers were 3605."

"They were. I'm 100% sure."

"Do you think they changed her?"

"Maybe because she 'disrepected' you."

For making strawberry cheesecake? That made no sense but then again nothing about this made sense.

Ribera walks up to me. "Can we talk?"

With reluctance, I nod. "Sure." We head over to the 'dining area' and he keeps shifting his weight. He always did that when he was nervous, scared, or embarrassed.

"Do you need to pee?" I only say that so he would stop moving. It was making me dizzy.

"What? Uh no" He says, startled. "First, I want to apologize. I shouldn't have acted like that earlier. I've been a complete asshole since we found ourselves in this shithole but that's not fair to you. I just don't get how you're always so relaxed about everything. I thought you didn't care but I know that's not true. We both just have different ways when it comes to dealing with shock."

Ribera has always been vulnerable but like my mom says 'anyone who is vulnerable is a vulnerability' so I try to cut the apology short so we can both move on. I might forgive I won't forget but imma dead the issue. Nickilations.

"Don't worry about it let's just move on."

"Yeah?"

I nod.

"He didn't like try anything with you did he?" He nods towards Haniel who was laying on the couch with his eyes closed.

"Seriously?" I stare at him.

"I'm just trying to look after you." He raises his hand surrendering.

I laugh and nudge his shoulder. Ribera is annoying and nosy but he's still a good friend. I don't excuse his actions, but I can't keep hating him.

Soon Enough, Rye says that the food is ready so we all sit at the table. This time I sit next to Julie and Noah  while Dani sit next to Ribera and Haniel. She keeps kicking me under the table for leaving her next to him, and I just kept mouthing sorry. After some delicious ribs and mashed potatoes, I head to my room to finally open the envelope. I'm pretty good at clues so this should be easy.

If  good and evil were black and white

The world would live to see another day

Open your eyes for deceit is on paper

But on hand, blood will always lay

Yeah we're fucked.