Extra Chapter

After finding out that Rye is now human somehow, Haniel and I sat in silence for a few minutes. I grab the salt shaker. "Open your mouth" I instruct Haniel. His eyes widen and his jaw twitches "what?"

I step closer to him "We need to find out if  this" I hold up the shaker "is actually salt or not."

"And I'm supposed to be your lab rat?" he raises an eyebrow.

"Don't say it like that" I step towards him but he takes a step back. I take another step forward and he takes two steps back. A few seconds later, we're on opposite sides of the desk.

"Stop being a pussy!" I slam my hands on the desk.

"Why don't you try it then?" he crosses his arms over his chest.

"I..." I tried to think of a good reason. He raises an eyebrow in triumph. "I don't have to explain myself to you! I'm the house leader so you best obey me." I warn him.

"There's a difference between being a leader and a tyrant" he retorts.

I gasp "Haniel Bertha Cassano!"

"Alberta" he corrects me. 

"We're wasting time Bertha" I ignore him "the clock is ticking and we have no clue what this means" I point to the letter.

"I don't care" he points to the shaker "what if it's poison?"

"Well we won't know until you try it." I press my hands together. "You know what? Screw it." I close my eyes and hold the shaker near my mouth. When I'm about to tilt it, a hand grips my wrist.

"Hell no you don't." He takes the shaker away from me. I tried to grab it but he holds it up too high for me to reach. 

"Well if neither of us is going to try it" I sigh "then what the hell are we going to do?"

He's silent for a few seconds "why not give it to Rye?"

"You think that'll work?" I raise an eyebrow.

"Well we won't now until you try" he mocks me.

I suppress a smirk "touché Bertha."