Hh

Nessa

We were on our way to pick up my items from dad's place, since he wasn't home at the moment.

I felt bad that I was taking my stuff and leaving for good, but hoped that he would understand that i'm grown and just want the happy little family I dreamed of.

"I want you to tell me the truth," Jovan insisted with the calmest tone i've ever heard him in. He was leaned up on his seat with a hand on the wheel.

"About?" I asked, feeling a little nervous because he was being more soft spoken then usual.

"Yo' face. Who did that?" He kept his question small. "I would've let go of it, but you ass at lying. Plus, you know better than to be doing that with me."

I set myself up. No one at the party noticed the bruise because I had makeup on that matched my dress, but the moment I rinsed it off, it was showing out.

"Okay well, I got sucker punched awhile back," I stated truthfully with my arms crossed over my belly, "Can we eat? I'm hungry."

"You asking for food to change the subject or something?" He looked over my direction with a confused face.

"I'm kinda feeling McDonalds fries but Burger king's whooper." I smiled at the thought of it.

"With a side of black eye?" He questioned with a clenched jaw. "Sounds about right."

"That wasn't funny, but Monty punched me when I tried to get away from him. He really wasn't taking no for an answer."

We pulled up in the driveway, which was completely empty besides the car that Diana Uber's with.

"Monty?" He asked trying to place a face to the name. "You talking about that nigga who we saw last year at the mall and at May's fight?"

I nodded my head and he scoffed before getting out the car and opening my door up. He waited until my feet touched the ground before shutting the door and heading towards the house.

"Bet," He mumbled, "I got somethin for his ass."

The front door was wide open for us to go through, and Diana was leaning on the frame with a cigarette in her mouth. When we got closer she blew the air out in our faces.

"Oh HELL NAH," Jovan spat, moving back a little with a small grin, "You the same bitch that attacked me in the Uber some weeks ago."

"Chile please!" Diana snapped, "You're the one who ATTACKED me. I'm still wondering why the police hasn't taken you into custody yet for domestic violence. I need to give Leroy a call."

I looked at the both of them, wanting to know where to start with my questions, but I stayed silent.

"You real bold for acting the way you act. You must not know who I am," He laughed out, pulling me in front of him and pushing past her, so we could get into the house.

Before we got any further he snatched the cigarette out her mouth and threw it into the yard. "And don't be smoking around my baby."

I smiled a little before grabbing his hand and making my way up the steps. I was honestly scared that my foot would slip or i'd fall back especially after that push..