Jj

Nessa

Today, I was actually happy. I had another appointment with my nurse to check on how Kahari was doing, but this time It was Jovan going with me.

I still wasn't talking to him much, but decided to allow a little communication since he was just as excited as me to see the baby's health.

"OHH, And you get to feel him," I added in for the third time, holding his hand tightly. I'm not sure why I was so fucking jumpy and happy, but I was.

Our hands swung back in forth as we followed the nurse into the room we would be in.

"You good?" Jovan asked, "You making me think you got ADHD or some shit."

"Of course i'm good!" I dropped his hand and sat up on the medical bed, where my usual nurse would assist me.

"You seem rather delighted today," My nurse smiled, lifting my shirt up to reveal my belly. "This must be father?"

Jovan nodded his head and shook her hand before standing at my side so he could see an image come up on the ultrasound machine.

"Well nice to meet you." She placed the gel on my stomach and laid it out evenly before taking out the transducer probe and guiding it on my stomach.

"Back at you." He stared at the screen squinting his eyes down to get a better glimpse.

It took a moment, but an image appeared and I watched as his eyes lit up, but suddenly they stopped. He placed his finger on the screen and pointed. "Am I trippin? Or I see two?"

She, too, looked at where his hands were directed and almost let her mouth drop until she tilted her head back and laughed. "Oh it was just something the mother ate. For a second there I thought she had twins."

Jovan and I both looked at each other in relief before bursting out into laughter.

"Yea that sounds like Nessa. She been eating her ass off ever since she started staying with me. She consumes everything in the fridge at once." He stated, rubbing his hand on my belly.

"Please, I don't eat that much," I scoffed watching him shrug lightly.

"It's so bad I be wanting to rent out Walmart for yo' ass." He smiled a little before sitting down in the chair across the room and watching me.

The nurse rubbed the gel off and placed my shirt back down, getting her paperwork and preparing to ask me the usual questions.

The room door swung open and someone walked in carrying a bunch of balloons and giant teddy bear. A familiar scent hit my nose, quickly.

I couldn't see who was behind them, since the times covered their face, but Jovan could and it was obvious that he didn't like what he was seeing by the way his face scrunched up.

"Nigga, who the fuck are you?" He snapped, shifting his head up.

The person dropped the items on the ground, revealing Monty's face. "I'm the baby's father."

Jovan stood to his feet and pressed up on Monty. "Who the fuck you think you are walking up in this bitch saying you my child's father? Nigga if I was you i'd get the hell outta here before some real shit go down."

Monty copied in his stance and pressed back, pushing his hands against Jovans chest. "Be gone like you was six months ago nigga. I came here for MY woman and MY KID."

"Yo' woman?" Jovan rested his shoulders back with an intense stare and complete sarcasm within his words. "Yo' kid?"

He wasn't having that shit, because he swung his fist back and clashed it onto Monty's face, causing an immediate reflection to happen.