Yy

Jovan

"You seen Nessa?" I asked May and her shoulders shrugged up.

"No, she's probably out for some air again." She held her shrug up and I nodded my head in understanding before turning to Flood.

"Yo' you seen Nessa?"

He shook his head, attempting a new yoga stance in the living room while the TV played some ASMR video where a woman was slurping a moving octopus.

I scrunched my face up, turning my attention to Athena, who gradually walked in with Lovell in her arms. "Have you seen Nessa?"

"No, but I can try and hit her up if you want me to. She's still mourning Jovan so give her time." She pulled me into a hug and patted my back generously.

I returned the hug, before walking back into the room and shaking my head.

Everyone keeps saying that she's out doing something or busy, but deep down I didn't think that was the case.

I heard the front door open earlier this morning and assumed it was probably Flame inviting a sneaky link over, but I wasn't even sure anymore.

Usually, I would wake up with her beside me, even if we weren't talking like it's been for the past few days. Today, I woke up alone and I don't even know how to feel about that shit.

"Oh FUCK NO," I snapped once I opened the closet door to pick out something to put on.

"What? What's the issue?" Athena and May scurried into the room to see what I was looking at.

In front of us was a half emptied closet and I chuckled in anger and disappointment as my hands brushed over my face. "Fuck it at this point. Fuck this shit forreal."

Athena reached out but I shoved her hand back and stepped outside the room with my head still shaking.

I knew our relationship was fucking up because of Kahari's death but I didn't expect this shit to happen. I was pissed as hell because the least she could've did was spoken to me.

But then again, what the fuck is there to speak about? We haven't spoken since that day. Shit, we haven't even slept on the same side of the fucking bed, but it is what it is.

"Oh so my cousin left left.." May's voice trailed off with her mouth parted a little. "What are you going to do?"

I scoffed. "Fuck you mean what am I going to do? I ain't gonna do shit. You know why? Cause it don't even matter to me no more."

May just stood there staring at me with her eyes completely open. She furrowed her brows down for a moment. "Why you do mad for? Wanna act like you don't care so much, but deep down you do."

"I don't."

"You do."

"I dont."

"Whatever Jovan, just don't forget you have an appointment today with the court."

I really didn't care anymore. I was tired of being drained anyway because the silence between us was making shit worse.

"AYE, yuh' gotta see this," Flame ran into my room with his phone in his hands and he placed it near my face so I could see.

"What I'm supposed to be looking at?" There were so many words on the screen that I couldn't keep up with. I was an illiterate ass nigga.

"Since YUH' can't read imma tell yuh' what it say. Right here on this page it says..." His voice trailed off and his eyes squinted down. "Damn, this a big ass word. May what det' word say?"