Oo

Jovan

** Some if you probably didn't get yesterday's chapter notification. I recommend reading it before this ***
•••

I swung by Belview, to check on a few of my neighborhood friends and family to see how they were like.

I was able to see a couple uncles, off my fathers side of the family, and they chose to still be cool with me even after knowing about his murder.

We all spoke and greeted each other for a moment before I made a stop at Henderson's Road, to meet with one of Elijah's connections.

"You Jovan?" The guy asked once we shook our hands and dapped each other.

"Yea, and im guessing you're Travis?"

He nodded and I handed him a dark package before taking a glance at his house.

His shit was a mess, there were about three people sleeping on the ground, roaches squirming on the walls, bed bugs slipping out the couches, and a foul smell that was extending into my nostrils.

This nigga belongs on My Strange Addiction cause ain't no way someone lives like this by choice.

"Jovan?" A questioning voice asked in shock, causing me to lift my head in the direction of the living room area where a brunette girl stood.

She seemed familiar but not too familiar. Clearly I knew her since she knew me and my name. Her stomach was full, which only led me to believe she was pregnant.

"Aight, take this back." Travis handed me a separate item and I nodded, holding it tightly as he walked into an empty room.

"Yo?" I shot my head up and she pulled in closer with a bright smile.

"I tried coming by the house, but like.. you weren't there anymore. You moved and everything so I wasn't able to contact you."

I looked her up and down confusingly. "Uh do I know you? We know each other or something?"

She touched the base of her neck, narrowing her eyes at me. "You seriously don't remember who I am? It's Jessica.."

My arms crossed together as I took time to think about who this girl was. I know for sure i've seen her, my mind just couldn't pinpoint where. And that's when it had finally hit me.

My eyes grew wide when they went back down on her stomach and I facepalmed myself realizing that she was the girl I fucked around the beginning of the summer.

"If you're wondering, yes, you are the father." She gave a halfhearted smile, "That's why I was trying to find your home, but you move around too much so I wasn't really able to contact you. The new owner of the place said they didn't know where you were and that I can contact the office, but they never got back at me after I did."

I just stood there, feeling all types of emotions that I didn't want. "The father? Me?"

Out of all the words she had told me, that seemed to be the only one that caught my attention.

"Yes.. Jovan. YOU." She pointed at her stomach, "It's a girl by the way so congratulations to that. It might be too early to ask, but it would be nice if you'd help pay for the medical bills since i've been in and out of the hospital."

I brushed my hand over my eyes just trying to think about what to do next. This was some shit that I didn't need to hear right now. "I don't wanna be that person, but how do you know it's mine?"

"Because I lost my virginity to you silly."

"Whoa.." I paused, "Whoa, whoa, whoa." I blinked slowly, and heavily as my mind tried to process what she had just heard. "You wasn't throwing it back like a virgin..."