Ll

Nessa

"HE'S THE REASON I'M LIKE THIS!" Dad rolled around on his wheelchair, running our feet over before turning at the kitchen table.

"Leroy just SHUT UP before you have another damn heart attack." Diana pushed past me, going into their room and slamming the door shut.

Dad's recent Heart attack was pretty brutal. It was so bad that he can't even be stabilized in his own two feet. The doctores tried to make him stay in the hospital, but he completely refused because he wanted to 'plan out his payback' as what he likes to call it.

I stared at him as he rolled around in anger, just pacing the kitchen floor with his wheelchair. He was in deep thought about what to do next.

"Awe, you're a cripple," I cooed, "Let's take pics so I can tag rolling ray."

He stopped rolling and turned himself in my direction. "IS THIS FUNNY TO YOU JA'NESSA?" IS THIS FUCKING FUNNY TO YOU?"

I shook my head no while cracking a faint smile at the tips of my mouth. He looked so funny to me with the way he was swerving and stuff.

On our way into the house, he lost control and fell off the ramp into the yard and then started screaming. I'm convinced my father has anger issues and needs counselling for it.

Jovan didn't tell much about what took place except for Diana and how she reacted. I was honestly curious as to what he could've done that made her so angry.

"Do you want me to recommend Jovan's therapist to you?" I hid my smile, sitting across from him as his brows furrowed deeply and he looked at me with an annoyed expression.

"Ja'Nessa. Please go to hell." He pulled his glasses up to his face and looked at his investigation notes, scribbling s few words on it.

I swung my feet back in forth, looking down at the time. Jovan went to go deal with some business and everyone else in the house wouldn't be there. He didn't trust me being home alone so I got dropped off at dads, since he's technically disabled and can't force me to stay.

"This is nonsense," He mumbled to himself, crossing a few words here and there and I just stared at him.

I'm not sure why but, I lowkey wanted to copy the Diary of a mad black woman scene where Helen dumped her paralyzed husband into a pool of water, basically drowning him.

"I have a question."

He looked up from his words. "What is it?"

"Whats the story behind you and Diana? Were you guys together before mom came into the picture?" I leaned my head on the palm of my hands just wanting to know.

Deep down she seemed like a good woman, but it also felt as if she felt some sort of attachment to my dad that was unnecessary.

"There's no story behind us Nessa. We dated, it didn't work out, I moved on, and she came back after your mother's death. Nothing special." He went no further.

"Why are you lying to that girl?" Diana hissed from behind me. "You just becoming better at lying, huh?"

"Diana, please don't start. I have to deal with enough to be hearing your mouth. That's exactly how our relationship went. End of story." He brushed her off, keeping his eyes on the worksheet.

"That's NOT how it went." She huffed in annoyance and looked down at me. "You wanna know what REALLY happened Ja'Nessa?"

I was going to speak up, but decided against it when I realized she was going to tell me regardless of if I agreed to it or not.