Mm

Jovan

Elijah isn't as bad as I thought he'd be. The nigga had some good plans and shit. I just didn't understand why he was with Amber.

No hate against her or anything, but last time I checked she's working for Powell and he's technically working for his dad, who wants to be the only KingPin. How they're even together just seems weird.

"So I heard you're interested in McThanel." Elijah caught my attention once he hit the white 8 ball against another using the mafia stick.

"McThanel?" I slipped the blunt out my mouth and blew out a light air of smoke.

I've never heard of that ugly ass name before.

"That's Powell's real name. You interested?" He moved around the pool table and targeted another ball.

I shook my head even though I should've probably nodded. "Nah, right now I should be focused on the niggas who gassed up my house with those pesticides."

"How do you know it's not McThanel who did it?" He stopped and handed his stick over to someone else so they could hit.

"Because, Pow likes his shit to be straight up. He's always been the type to drive by or do something face to face."

It was true. Just like with the baby shower, he sent people to swerve and shoot at everyone. He ain't the type of nigga to play lil' games or hide poison in a fucking box.

Now that I think about it, i'm not sure who the hell would do that to me or why they would. All I knew was that I currently had two niggas on my ass and I was hoping that number wouldn't multiply.

I wasn't really focused on Pow because if he wanted me, he'd let it be known. He would do more than just shoot up a damn party. He'd make that shit personal to me.

"So how is it that you and Amber are together when she works for someone your pops is against?" I finally asked since my curiosity was taking over.

I could've sworn Amber was destined to be single for life, but I didn't want to be the one to assume since she actually seemed happy with him.

"We met before we knew who we worked for, so basically we just stayed with each other after finding out," Amber responded, leaning in to kiss his cheek. "So. You're cool with May again?"

"I mean, she is my girls cousin, plus she proved herself to us so we cool." Someone handed me the stick but I passed it onto the next person. "Don't tell me you miss her already."

"Boy bye. I don't miss that girl, but she probably misses me. When you see her, ask how my pussy taste." She wrapped her arms around Elijah's torso and I glanced at her weirdly.

"What you mean by that lil' slick comment you just made?"

"She'll know when you tell her."

"Jovan, can you drop off this set for me? It needs to be shipped off by Henderson Road." Elijah pointed at a bag that sat in the corner.

I nodded my head since I knew Henderson was close to Belview and I needed to check up on my people, even though they all blame me for Ebony and her daughters death.

•••

I decided to spend the rest of my day catering to Nessa's ass since she complained about being in the house too much, which don't make no fucking sense since she's been out all week.
The only time she's really even in the bed or at home is if i'm there.

Literally, on Monday: May took her out to go roller skating. On Tuesday: Flame and her went to get waxed. On Wednesday: Sarah took her to watch Norbit and Soul plane. Thursday, Zara and her went to the city carnival. I guess that left Friday to me.