Chapter 1

Hey! My name is Nina, Nina Stark to be exact, and I'm 19 years old. My dad is Tony Stark, former CEO of Stark Industries and founding member of the avengers. It's safe to say that my life is far, far away from being normal. To be honest, it was never normal but since my dad decided to save the world it got even crazier.

My mom died in a car crash when I was only six years old. Therefore, I was mostly raised by Pepper my dad's assistant. I'm not here to talk trash about my dad. I love him a lot, but my childhood wasn't really easy. He wasn't there a lot and when he was it seemed like I wasn't enough. He later explained to me that he never fully overcame my mom's death, and saw her in me. That's what made it even harder for him to be a good dad. Thankfully those days are in the past now. Since my dad quit producing weapons and instead of trying to save the world, my relationship with him did a 180 degrees turn. He is now the best dad that I can even imagine and is always supportive of me.

I live at the compound with him now. Not gonna lie, it can be pretty strange here, but I love it. 10 years ago Pepper and I would read superhero stories to improve my reading, and now? I live with actual, real live superheroes. It's been a few months now since I moved in so I still have to settle in with everything and I still have to get to know everyone better. Today is Thursday the 9th of July, which means I'm turning 20 in exactly two days. And that's exactly where this story begins:

I'm sleeping in my bed when I hear my alarm go off. Sleepy I turn around and put my phone on snooze. "Just five more minutes..." I mumble to myself and close my eyes again.

 "Nope! Not gonna happen today!" A voice says right in front of my bed. I don't even bother to open my eyes. For the last few days, I got my very own, human alarm clock. I start rubbing my eyes before I finally look up at him. "Oh come on Steve... only five minutes!" 

He looks down at me trying to hide his laughter. "Ok five more minutes, but then you come down into the training room!" He says while walking out of my room. I mumble in agreement and relax for a few more seconds. 

My dad wants me to be safe at all time so we, or more he decided, it would be a good idea for me to train with the others. It's safe to say that I'm going to lose every single fight with them but ok whatever makes this old man happy. I mean it probably a good idea... especially after the events of New York and the whole Loki drama its important to at least know a bit of self-defence. But come on! Super soldiers and trained assassin? I'm going to die!

I get up before my alarm goes off a second time and open my window. It's a nice summer day and the air smells like freshly cut grass. One of the best smells on this earth if you ask me. I turn around and walk over to my closet and search for gym clothes. I put on black leggings, a sports bra and a black zip-up jacket. As soon as I got into my clothes I hear my dad yelling my name from downstairs.

"I'm already on my way! No need to stress me, old man!" I go downstairs and into the kitchen where Wanda and Natasha are already eating breakfast. "Good morning, sleepyhead!" they laugh and Nat hands me a bowl of yoghurt with raspberries and oats "You'll need it."

 I chuckle and sit down next to her "Thank you. Try to not kill me today, ok?" Before she can even answer Steve interrupts her. He walks in followed by Bucky. "Oh they won't train with you today," Steve says and leans against the kitchen counter. I look up at him a bit confused and raise my eyebrow "No? Then who will?"

Bucky opens the fridge and grabs a bottle of water "I will." He answers shortly and cold. I roll my eyes slightly and look over at Steve again. "Really?" I ask a bit annoyed. I don't really know why but since day one Bucky and I didn't really get along.