Chapter 14

I've been laying in my bed for hours, studying everything I have to know for the mission and planning my steps.

Apparently, there is a new drug on the market that uses parts of the super-soldier serum. The people who take it get such a high adrenaline rush that they get close to Steve and Bucky's abilities, but the drug only works for a couple of hours.

"How are you, princess? I heard Tony yelling for quite a while... are you ok?" Bucky says while climbing into my bed. "Oh, heyy..." I smile at him and put the file away. I was so in my head that I didn't even hear him come in.

"I'm good... and we are good too," I laugh and wrap my arms around his neck. "I told him that he can be mad as much as he wants but we are not breaking up."

"That's..." he stops his sentence to give me a gentle kiss "... good to know." Bucky lets himself fall next to me and takes the file out of my hand. "You are going to school again, huh?" He flips through the pages and stops when he sees the pictures of the suspects. "Oh hell no," Bucky rolls his eyes annoyed "Please tell me those aren't the guys."

"What's wrong?" I laugh and give him a kiss on his cheek. "Do you think I can't handle it?"

"You can, I don't doubt that. It's... it's just that I expected them to look different," Bucky struggles to find the right words. Is he seriously jealous? "What did you expect?" I start laughing and take the file out of his hands. I close it and put it on my nightstand. "Please just promise me you won't flirt with them... ok?" Bucky says and pulls me back to his side.

"Why would I flirt with them, bo?" I say as I roll on top of him. I rest my chin on his chest and wait for his answer. I would lie if I'd say that jealous Bucky isn't cute but I really don't know where he is coming from.

"They are your type. You know, tall, brown hair, dead eyes kinda guys," Bucky starts laughing at his own words and I seriously can't hold it in either. "Dead eyes? Really?" I say in between my laughter. "Don't be dumb, bo. I love you, so there is absolutely no need to worry!"

Right as those words left my mouth, I can feel my cheeks starting to burn. Did I really just say I love you in the most unromantic way possible? Great job, Nina, great job.

"You love me, huh?" Bucky teases me and puts his hands on my hips. He pulls me up a bit more so that our faces are only inches apart. "Thanks," he simply says. Is he joking? My face probably told him what I was thinking because he starts to laugh. His hands find their way to my cheek and his thumb gently caresses it "I'm just joking. I love you, too."

His body comes closer and closer to mine until I could swear to feel his heart beating through his chest. Bucky's soft, yet little rough lips finally touch mine. He kisses me passionately and I can feel my body melting in his hands as he gently turns us around and lays me down on the bed.

Instinctively, open my legs and wrap an arm around his neck to pull him closer to me again. His lips find mine again, but this time only for a short kiss. "I love you," he whispers against my lips before kissing them again "Only you, doll. And because I love you so much, I want you to get some rest now."

"Rest? what am I? A baby?" I laugh as Bucky lays down next to me. "Not a baby, but a school girl again," he jokes and wraps one arm around me. "Just get some sleep, doll. You had quite the exhausting morning"

I reach over to the nightstand and turn off the light. "Goodnight, I love you," I giggle before I cuddle myself back into his arms.