Chapter 7

"I wasn't completely honest with you," Bucky says and sits down next to me on the bed. I raise my eyebrow and sit up "What do you mean by that?" I ask confused. "Well, I said I don't know why I changed my behaviour...That was a lie. I still meant all the other things I said though." He says and I can feel that he is worried about whatever he wants to tell me.

"Ok, then what is it? Did Steve talk to you again?"

"No, no actually it started on your birthday," he looks down at his hands and plays around with his metal fingers. "I didn't like the way you snuggled up to Thor," he continues and looks back into my eyes. "What? Why?"

"Nina, I just didn't like it," He says more sternly. "That's why I brought you upstairs. I didn't want to give him the chance... and as your room was already taken the only right thing to do was to take you to mine an-"

"I know that already, Bucky... What are you trying to say? How did this change your opinion of me?"

"If you would let me speak, I could explain." He rolls his eyes and laughs. "As I wanted to say, I took you to my room and put you into my bed. At first, I thought I should take the couch, but then... I mean it's just a bed so I slept next to you." He pauses for a moment and nervously plays with his hands again. Out of reflex I put my hand on his and search for his eyes. "Hey... It's ok. What happened?"

"I have these nightmares. My past with HYDRA comes up in them and I can't really do anything against them. I tried everything... No sleep for days and still as soon as I close my eyes I see everything in front of me again. The torture, the people I killed, the pain..." I look at him in shock and gently rub his hands. "It didn't happen the night you slept next to me."

"You didn't have a nightmare?" I ask just to say something. "No... I didn't. I don't know why and it could have been a coincidence... but I slept the whole night without one bad memory coming up." He says and gives me a little smile before looking down at his hands again. "I just realized I should give it a try and let you into my life. No pushing away. No fighting."

"Bucky,... I don't really know what to say." I say honestly and play with my fingers. "You don't have to say anything. I just wanted to tell you." He puts his hand on mine as I did it to him just seconds ago. "Did you have a nightmare last night after the mission?" I ask after a few seconds of silence.

"Yes." He looks out of the window. "As I said it could have been a coincidence."

"Well,... do you want to put it to a test? You could stay here for the night and we would know if I actually help with your sleeping troubles..." I smile up at him, his face immediately turning back to mine. "Are you sure?" He asks. "Yes, I don't like sleeping alone in a new place anyway... would be a win-win for both of us... and if I don't help with your nightmares we will just forget about it and find a different solution. Deal?"

"Deal." He agrees and I see his lips forming another smile. I wish he would smile more often... it suits him so well. "The others are watching a movie downstairs, do you want to come watch it?" Bucky says and gets up. He looks down at me and waits for my answer. "Yes, I'd love to. My social batterie was just completely dead at dinner... I had to have some me-time." I chuckle and get up from my bed. I follow him down to the others. We sit down on the empty couch in the back and start watching 'Shining'.

I absolutely hate horror movies. I have absolutely no idea how someone can enjoy stuff like that. At the first jump scare, I take the pillow from behind my body and put it in front of my face, earning laughter from Bucky. He puts his arm on top of the couch and pulls me into his side. "It's just a movie. Whatever happens, isn't real." He whispers and I instantly feel safer. Not because of the words, his words are completely useless... I damn know that it's just a movie. But his arm around me makes me feel so much more safe.