Strongwings x Glory

"Are you sure about this, my Queen?" Mango asked her. Glory nodded in response.

"I'm sure." She reassured confidently. The Rainwing queen turned to Strongwings.

"From now on, you will act as one of my personal guards, Strongwings," she instructed. "If you do an admirable job, your sentence will be lifted. Is that clear?" The burly Nightwing nodded quickly.

"Good. You will be starting in an hour. Until then, you're to stay in your hut. Dismissed."

Strongwings bowed deeply as he left Glory's office, and headed to his home with two Rainwings escorting him. Once he arrived, the two dragons left, leaving him to reflect on how he got here.

Just a mere few hours ago, Strongwings was in prison, serving a long sentence for kidnapping Sunny and aiding Darkstalker. With Fierceteeth leaving him, it was the lowest point of his life. He was tired all the time, he didn't eat, didn't drink, and he rarely slept. After a couple months in prison however, someone must have taken pity on him, as one day a guard notified him that he was allowed to go take a walk to get some fresh air and stretch his body. And a few minutes later, his cell door opened, with two muscular Rainwings standing outside which he guessed were his guards.

The walk was uneventful at first. The guard he was following led him down less used paths, so he didn't see many dragons around. It was only towards the end of the walk that finally something interesting happened. As Strongwings was being led back to the prison, he heard talonsteps approaching, and was surprised to see Queen Glory herself walking towards him, multiple guards with her. His own minders immediately straightened when they noticed her, bowing slightly with Glory nodding back in acknowledgment.

"Rainfall, Lime, how are you two doing?" She asked. 

"We're fine, Your Majesty. Thank you." The Rainwing in front of him, Rainfall answered. "We were taking this prisoner here on a walk, and were just about to return him back to his cell." Glory looked interested at hearing that, turning to examine him closely. And even though Strongwings was twice her size, he still felt nervous and awkward as she stared at him, so he started looking around aimlessly. As he looked around though, he noticed some leaves rustling on the tree right above Glory. 

"Well, continue on, then." Glory was talking again. "Have a good day, alright?" The two Rainwings bowed again.

"Of course, Your Majesty." Lime answered. Everyone then prepared to move on again, but just before they could, a dark figure suddenly dropped down from above, holding a glinting dagger aimed straight for the Rainwing queen.

"LOOK OUT!" Someone shouted. Strongwings didn't know who it was though, as without a second thought, he jumped up and intercepted the assassin mid-air.

"Ack!" The assailant cried. They landed on the ground with a hard thump, as the other Rainwings quickly scrambled after them, and restrained the would-be assassin. 

"You idiot!" The Nightwing snarled. "Why would you do that? You've ruined everything! EVERYTHING!" The Nightwing continued shouting curses at him as he was dragged off. Strongwings stared after him for a moment, before turning around and finding Glory staring wide-eyed at him. The Rainwing had shock in her expression, from not only her close brush with death, but from the fact that a Nightwing prisoner had saved her.

It had only been 3 hours after he had been brought back to his cell, that he was brought out again and escorted to Glory's office, which led him to his current situation. Strongwings could still hardly believe his luck. In the span of a few hours, he went from a prisoner, to one of Queen Glory's personal guards. 

After his little flashback, Strongwings decided to spend the rest of the time he had working out. Since he was so mopey while in his cell, he rarely ever moved around, so his muscles had gotten weaker with disuse. After moving all the furniture aside, the Nightwing got to work. He had to be fairly careful though, as his large size meant  he could break something if he wasn't.