Flame x Fem!Turtle

It was a regular day at Jade Mountain Academy. Turtle had woken up like usual, fixed herself up a bit, and headed to class with her friends. There, Qibli teased Winter like he always did, Kinkajou was a ball of sunshine, Moon smiled at them all fondly, and Turtle stayed in the background. Even though this had been her routine for the few months she had been at Jade Mountain, it never got boring or repetitive, not once.

As the Jade Winglet left their final class for the day, Turtle headed straight back to her cave, wanting to finish her homework first thing. Before she could make it though, Qibli called out to her.

"Hey Turtle!"

Hearing her name, the Seawing princess turned around to find Qibli walking up to her.

"Oh, hi Qibli," she replied. "What's up?"

"Can you do me a favour?" Turtle's eyes immediately narrowed at this. Whenever Qibli asked for a favour, he was bound to do something stupid.

"What do you want?" She asked, suspicion in her tone. "Is this for another prank? Because last time you-"

"What? No! It's not for a prank, why does everyone assume that?" Qibli protested. "Don't answer that," he added after Turtle opened her mouth.

"Okay, then. What do you need?" She questioned again.

"Can you pick up the newest Scaly Potter scroll from the library for me?" He asked. "And before you ask, no, I can't do it myself. I pissed off Starflight the last time I was there, and I don't want to go back until he's cooled off."

"You- you know what? Not even going to ask. I'll get it for you." Qibli grinned toothily, brushing wings with Turtle.

"Thanks, Turtle! I appreciate it. Once you've got the scroll, you can drop it off in my cave. Now, I've gotta run, sorry. Need to do something. Later!"

Turtle waved goodbye as the Sandwing darted off. She then began walking towards the library, eager to get this over with so she could work on her homework.

As she entered the library, Starflight turned his head in her direction as he heard her talonsteps.

"Turtle?" He guessed.

"Yeah, it's me," she responded. A small satisfied grin formed on Starflight's face.

"Well, welcome to the library! Do you need something? A scroll, perhaps?" Turtle nodded, before remembering he couldn't see it.

"Yes, a scroll," she confirmed. "I'm getting it for a friend. I think it's called... Scaly Potter?"

Turtle could tell Starflight's face lit up, even with the blindfold over his eyes. "Ah, great choice from your friend!" He praised. "Which part in the series would he like?"

"Uh... I think he said the newest one."

"The newest one? Hm, I think it's located in the second shelf from the end on the left, at the very end of the shelf," he provided.

"Right. Thanks, Starflight."

"No problem."

Following his directions, Turtle went over to the second shelf from the end, and walked down until she reached the far end of it. Looking around, she searched for the scroll, until she finally saw it on the highest part of the shelf. Reaching for it, she found that it was too high up for her to get.

Huffing in frustration, Turtle cursed her slightly below-average height (she was not short!) as she jumped, trying to reach the scroll without making too much noise.

"What are you doing?" A rough, grouchy sounding voice suddenly appeared from behind her, surprising Turtle and causing a little yelp to escape from her mouth.