Snowfall x Riptide

"Alright, just get it together Snowfall."

The Icewing queen's mind raced as she flew towards the Seawing palace. Today, there was supposed to be a meeting between the Icewing and Seawing ambassadors, to discuss talks of a trade deal. Unfortunately though, just a few days prior, Alba, the Icewing representative had fallen ill, and therefore was unable to attend the meeting. Panicking, Snowfall then decided that she herself would go in her place, ignoring Alba's protests that she shouldn't. Now, she wished that she had listened to her, as she was now severely regretting her choice.

"Ugh, stupid stupid me. Why did I volunteer myself?" Snowfall grumbled.

As the Summer Palace came into view, her guards flew closer to her as she neared the building. Flying quickly, she reached the palace a few minutes later, where she was received by a few Seawing guards. Landing on the ground, the guards escorted her to a fancy room. When she entered, Riptide, the Seawing ambassador greeted her.

"Ah, Alba. It's a pleasure to meet y- Queen Snowfall?" The Seawing nearly tripped over himself, as he noticed that it was Snowfall, not Alba standing there. "Y-your Majesty! What are you doing here? I don't recall you notifying us of your arrival!"

Snowfall sighed. "That's because I wasn't supposed to be here," she explained. "A few days ago, Alba fell ill, so she wasn't able to attend the meeting. I then elected to come in her stead, as this talk is too important to postpone."

At hearing this, Riptide's eyes widened, fear in his expression. "Y-you're the ambassador?" He said weakly. Snowfall narrowed her eyes.

"Is there a problem?"

"No! No, no problem!" Riptide laughed nervously. "Just, it's a surprise, that's all!" Snowfall narrowed her eyes even further, suspicious of his behaviour.

"Right... anyways, let's get started, shall we?" Riptide nodded.

"Of course! Of course. Uh, how about I show you around first? It's customary for us to give a tour of the palace to new visitors."

Snowfall sighed, before agreeing. "Very well then. Do what you must."

"Alright then, follow me!"

Riptide led Snowfall out of the room, where she followed him down the hall. She told her guards to stay behind, as bringing them along would be seen as her distrusting the Seawings. Walking side by side with Riptide, she took a moment to take a good look at him. 

Riptide was tall, a bit larger than she was. He looked strong, with the build of a past soldier, which Snowfall could appreciate. And though she tried not to think about it, the Seawing was quite easy on the eyes, with a friendly, approachable looking face. He also seemed to have a decent personality, which Snowfall was glad for; this trip might not be as bad as she thought.

Snowfall snapped to attention as Riptide began speaking. They were now in a hall filled with paintings, of Seawings adorned with jewels.

"This is the Hall of Rulers," he explained. "And these are all the past queens of the Sea Kingdom. That one there is Queen Seahorse, who was known for being an exceptionally gifted tactician, winning many battles with her intellect. The dragon next to her is her daughter, Queen Whitetip. She, like her mother was also extraordinarily intelligent, yet she was also kind and compassionate as well. She cared for all Seawings, and spent her whole life improving the lives of everyone."

Snowfall nodded, resisting the urge to yawn. "How admirable," she said.

Riptide shot her an amused look. "Yeah, this is a bit boring, isn't it? I never did enjoy history. Come on, I'll show you something better."