Chapter 2

Harry felt empty, as usual. He didn't do anything so far, and it's been a whole month since he came to America. All he did was eat, sleep, then repeat. It's been pretty hot outside, too. The weather is so much different here. He kind of missed England, too, but he was never going back there, no. Gemma called a few times to make sure he's still alive. He also called Jane's father to check up on him, too. He's getting better. A lot more better than Harry is.

Harry's cancer was gone, forever, hopefully. After long months of therapy, it was finally gone and Harry was able to live his life normally once again, but then Jane died. Oh, Jane.

Harry was getting worse day by day. His skin was so pale, resembling snow, in contrast to the people who were showing off their tans considering it was summertime now. He hadn't left his apartment, unless it was to get some food.

He was silently praying the little girl he had met about a month ago would knock on his door, her Barbies in her hand, ready for their playdate. He doesn't even know the girl, but she would keep his company. She seemed fun and he really liked kids.

He was watching Netflix when he heard a small knock on his door. He frowned, removing his laptop off his lap and standing up to get the door. He immediately smiled when he saw Lee holding her teddy bear to her chest, but it faltered when he noticed the tears in her eyes.

"Aw Lee," He crouched down to her level. "Why are you crying, love?"

Harry lifted her up and shut the door behind him. He sat on the couch, placing Lee next to him.

"D-daddy's yelling a-at Mommy again," Lee hiccupped, clutching her bear tighter to her chest. Harry frowned at the sight, his hand wiping away Lee's tears.

"Do they know that you're here?" He asked.

"N-no," Lee shook her head as he wiped her nose with the back of her hand.

"Do you want to stay over here while I go talk to your parents?"

Lee nodded and laid back on the couch. Harry smiles at her before telling her to stay right where she was. As he was about to leave, he remembered that he hadn't showered in a while. He cringed and ran to his room, spraying cologne all over his body. He ran his hand through his greasy hair and put on a clean shirt. He looked like a hobo before he changed.

He shot Lee another smile, this time actually leaving his apartment. He straightened his back and knocked on the door across of his.

This time, a man doesn't answer the door. Instead, a woman with a hard expression answered the door. Harry didn't know what to do, or say after meeting her harsh gaze.

"Um," He muttered. "I'm Harry, I live across of you." The woman nodded. "Lee's at my place." He added.

"What? She ran off again?" Harry nodded in response, awkwardly scratching the back of his neck. "Wait, I'll tell her Mom,"

"You're not her Mum?" Harry furrowed his eyebrows at the woman.

"I'm her granny," She said before disappearing. She looked young, Harry thought. A few seconds later, another woman, a much younger, woman appeared. Her short hair fell all over her forehead, half covering her hazel eyes that were rimmed with tears. Harry awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

He was sick of introducting himself,"My name is Harry. I live next door and Lee is at mine, just wanted to let you know,"

"What?" She hissed before turning to Lee's granny. "You didn't lock the door?"

"Mark must've left it open when he left, Alex,"

"I'm so sorry, she tends to wander off," Alex glared at the woman. "I'll go get her."