Chapter 8

Harry rolled over, lying on his stomach. His face scrunched up as he yawned, stretching body at the same time. He kept his eyes closed for a few minutes until he decided to open them. He blinked a few times, his blurry vision adjusting to the light coming from the opened windows. A loud groan left his lips as he used his hand to cover his eyes. "Jane, you forgot to close the curtains."

Almost instantly, Harry's eyes were wide open with realization before they dropped in disappointment. Jane is no longer here.

He sighed and removed himself from bed. The cold air attacked his skin, making him notice that his AC was on. He shivered and grabbed the remote, switching it off.

He slowly entered his bathroom, feeling exhausted and tired, even though he had just woke up. It seemed like the thought of Janelle drained him, emotionally and physically. He lazily washed his face then brushed his teeth. His wet hands ran through his hair, pushing it away from his pale face.

He changed into a new pair of jeans, dark blue ones, and a black Rolling Stones shirt. He pulled out his brown boots and slipped them on with ease. They were slightly worn out, but Harry didn't care. He loved these boots. Janelle picked them out for him.

He stuffed his keys and wallet into his pocket, then left his apartment. He walked to Alex's apartment, hands locked behind his back.

He knocked two times, patiently waiting until the door swung open. Harry scowled for a second when his eyes locked with Mark's, but he quickly covered it with a cough. "Good morning, Mark." Harry greeted.

Mark nodded his head, narrowing his eyes at the green-eyed man. "Morning. Do you need something?"

Harry smirked a little as he nodded his head, making his curls bounce a bit. "Ah, yes. Is Alex home?"

"No, actually-"

Mark was cut off when Alex appeared behind Mark, her eyes sparkling when she saw Harry. She smiled a bit, waving her hand. "Hey Harry."

"Hello, Alex. Would you and Lee like to join me for breakfast?" Harry politely asked, making sure to avoid Mark's hard glare. Alex's eyebrows rose in surprise, Harry blinking in response.

"Uh, yeah, sure. Come in, Harry." Alex stuttered and moved to the side, opening the door wider so that he could come in. He smiled at her, finally meeting Mark's dark eyes. Mark was fuming with anger, but who was he to judge? After all, he is the bloody unfaithful cheater. At this moment, Harry didn't care that it wasn't his business to intrude between a husband and his wife, but Alex was his friend and he didn't care about Mark's feelings. He doubted he has any, anyway.

Lee came out as Harry sat on the couch, interlocking his fingers. He grinned widely when Lee squealed, running towards him. He grabbed her hips, pulling her to him. "Aah." He kissed her cheeks and placed her on his lap. "How is my Little Lee doing today?"

"Good," she grinned. "Is daddy still here?" She leaned towards him as she whispered those words. Harry nodded his head and tightened his grip on her.

"Guess what Lee," he changed the subject, poking the girl's cheek. "We're going out for breakfast. Yaaay!"

"Really?" Lee's eyes shone with excitement. "Really? Really, really, mommy?"

"Yep," Harry said, as excited as Lee. He absolutely adored Lee.

"Oh my, gosh! I'm gonna get dressed! Don't go without me, okay?" She frowned at Harry. "I'll flush your phone down the toilet." She warned, wiggling her finger at him. Harry laughed and nodded his head.

"Okay, Lee, now go on." he patted her head. She slapped his hand away, running to her room, calling for her mum so that she could pick out her clothes.

"I'm going to work, then." Mark snapped. "Nice seeing you, Harry."

"You too." Harry grinned at the angry man, waving his fingers at him. Mark clenched his jaw, and nodded his head. The door closed with a loud thud, leaving a pleased Harry behind.

That should do.

+

"I'm a Barbie girl, in the Barbie world," Harry and Lee sang.

"Life in plastic, so fantastic. You can brush my hair, undress me everywheeere. Imagination, life is your creation!"

Alex was clutching her stomach, unable to contain her laughter as Harry and Lee danced in the middle of New York's busy streets. Lee's small hand was tightly clutched in Harry's, as he spun her around. He was smiling so hard, his cheeks hurt. Lee was loudly laughing, squealing whenever Harry twirled her or did some funny move.

He pulled her over his shoulders, setting her there. Her hands were gripped by Harry, her exposed legs dangling over the sides of his neck. Alex strolled next to them, smiling at the both of them. She felt extremely happy at the moment.

They reached the small cafe, their smiles still as wide as ever. They walked in and sat by the windows. Harry placed Lee across of him as Alex sat next to him.

A waiter came to them, offering a small smile as he clicked his pen on his notepad. "Hello, my name is Troy," he introduced. "Have you decided what you want to eat?"

"Uh," Harry dragged, grabbing the menu, eyes skimming over the typed words. "I'll have some waffles and dark coffee please."

"The same," Alex nodded. "And some pancakes for Lee." Lee nodded her head, pleased with her mom's choice.
"Can I have cookies with them?" Lee muttered, placing her face in her hands as she peered at the adults.

"Sure, baby girl," Harry assured Lee. "Can you crush some cookies for her, please?" Harry asked Troy, silently pleading because he didn't want Lee to get upset.

"Uh, sure. I'll see what I can do." Troy breathy laughed. "I'll be back soon, guys. Enjoy your time." He offered them a smile in which they returned.

Ten minutes later, their food and drinks arrived, along with Lee's cookie covered pancakes. Her eyes lit up in excitement, clapping her hands in glee. Harry ruffled her blonde hair as he sipped on his coffee

.Again, the presence of Alex and Lee made him feel happy. He realized that even though he made a promise to himself to never be happy after Jane's death, he couldn't help but feel a little complete when he was around those people. Harry was feeling happy again, but that scared him. Was he starting to move on? The thought made him panic a bit because the last thing he ever wanted was to forget Jane,  but a part of him nagged, wanting to experience and feel new things.

Maybe a little adventure was what Harry needed.

Alex smiled at Harry, biting her lip to prevent herself from smiling wider.

Author's note: heeeeeeeeeey im still alive guys
im sorry i havent updated in about week ive was busy with school and grades are getting a bit better im so happy
anD WOAH GUYS PEOPLE ARE SERIOUSLY VOTING AND COMMENTING THANK YOU SO FREAKING MUCH I FEEL LIKE THE LUCKIEST GIRL IN THE WORLD ATM TYSM
I LOOOOOVE YOU
LOTS OF LOVE AND A YARA HUG XXXXXX
BYEEEEEEE